Did you mean: 

Re: JSS status due to inactivity

This widget could not be displayed.
2 of 9

@Andrea B wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have a hypothetical question about the Job Success Score.

My own JSS is currently at 100% and I have a Top Rated badge.

What happens to my JSS if I do not use Upwork for, let's say a year?

Do I lose the badge but retain the JSS? Does it slowly decrease to 0%?

What if I want to come back to it in a year? or two? Do I start from zero?

Any info will be appreciated,

Thanks

When I started in Upwork and moved my Elance account to Upwork I still had clients in Elance and did not care much about Upwork and did not apply for jobs in the first weeks. Rapidly my JSS declined from 100% to somewhere around 80%. So, at least you should change your availability to not available. That could help, at least it could slow the "erosion" of your JSS.

andrea_brajnovic
Ace Contributor
Andrea B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
3 of 9

Thanks Margarete, I appreciate your feedback

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 9

Margarete and Andrea,

Availability status as well as the rate at which you reply to invites or apply to jobs has no affect on the Job Success score. Only past and active contracts are included into the calculation.

One of the requirements for the Top Rated badge is activity for the last 90 days, so a freelancer will most likely lose the badge if they don't work on Upwork for a year. Job Success score will stay, but I suggest you check this help article. Since the system reflects the best score of your six-, 12- and 24-month history and those windows move overtime, it can cause your score to fluctuate.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

andrea_brajnovic
Ace Contributor
Andrea B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
5 of 9

Thanks for sharing the article Valeria.

It really has a lot of great info

subratobanerjee
Subrato B Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
6 of 9

Here's what  I received from UpWork support today :

----------------------------------------

For you job success score to appear on your profile, you need to have 4 different completed contracts from 4 different clients in the past 24 months. If this will not be met, there will be no job success score on your profile. 

----------------------------------------

This means if you have a long term client and only willing to accept quality clients, you JSS will simply vanish.

Mine dropped from 93 to 89 .

Regards,

Subrato.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
7 of 9

If you have a long-term client, you don't need a JSS. If you are very selective, very select at least 4 clients in a 24 month period. Smiley Wink

subratobanerjee
8 of 9

Smiley Wink Right, and I will also be carefull those selects are new clients since working with new projects of existing clients won't count as well.

subratobanerjee
9 of 9

And guess what, this morning my JSS is back to 94% (minus top rated badge ):  http://screencast.com/t/u7JMlrJm

Not sure how or why ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS