🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS system seems different?
Page options
rldeafartist
Community Member

JSS system seems different?

I've been on upwork for a few years now, and I've noticed some changes. Some were great, and some could have been improved. I'm starting to wonder if the JSS score calculation system was changed too. 

Here's what happened- I got a bad review that made me lower my JSS from 94% to 89%. I also had good reviews that I thought would counteract it, or at least soften the blow. After making a ticket and talking to Upwork, I was told "close more contracts with good feedback and you'll see a change." Nothing new there. 

BUT after closing more contracts, some were high paying jobs with three glowing reviews- nothing happened. And yes, there wasn't any bad private feedback with these three. They were very happy with my work, and if there was bad private feedback, my JSS would have lowered. But my JSS stayed the same- at 89% at the last review. 

I made another ticket to ask Upwork why there was no change after multiple good reviews. The original responder said there was a delay in updating JSS for some people. Okay. But then another responder jumped into my ticket convo and basically said "keep on closing contracts with good feedback and it'll go up." 

Of course, I responded and said how does 3 good reviews not move the JSS at all? She said something about how different contracts can have different impacts, and having higher paying jobs close with better feedback will have a bigger impact. I pointed out that two of my recent reviews were considered high paying jobs in my field. She couldn't say much besides "keep closing contracts with good feedback and it'll eventually go back up." I explained the contradiction, and how three good reviews should at least bump it one percent if one bad review could make it drop so much. 

It seems like 5-10 good reviews don't have much power compared to one bad review these days, which is drastically different than how it was when I started upwork. 

I'm interested to see if any long-term upwork freelancers noticed a difference in how JSS is calculated lately. 

---I should add that the third review is under the 'bad one' because the client made a feedback two weeks after the contract was closed. His job posting looks older, but his feedback was made at the same time as the other two at the top of my profile (within the last two weeks)---

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members