🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS too low, why so?
Page options
bonbons
Community Member

JSS too low, why so?

I got only 3 contracts during this year, 2 = 5 stars. 1 = 4. Total = 14 / 3 = 4.66 = 93.2% JSS should be, yes? Bu I have 83%! Why so? Do I need to complete a couple more contracts or what? How to rise JSS?
5 REPLIES 5
pudingstudio
Community Member

Andrey S wrote:
I got only 3 contracts during this year, 2 = 5 stars. 1 = 4. Total = 14 / 3 = 4.66 = 93.2% JSS should be, yes? Bu I have 83%! Why so? Do I need to complete a couple more contracts or what? How to rise JSS?

Whenever we (freelancers) provide great work, we receive great feedback.
That is what one should care about (to provide the work we agreed upon).

What you have asked about - add to your equation couple of unknowns (private feedback would be one).
There are many useful threads here on community about this topic.

"That is what one should care about" - that is not true. But I am here not to discuss your personal point of view. "add to your equation couple of unknowns (private feedback would be one)." - so I have got negative private feedback? That is why JSS so low? I can not find 2 months any work now, clients do not even read my proposals.

Andrey S wrote:
"That is what one should care about" - that is not true. But I am here not to discuss your personal point of view. "add to your equation couple of unknowns (private feedback would be one)." - so I have got negative private feedback? That is why JSS so low? I can not find 2 months any work now, clients do not even read my proposals.

Yes, it is possible that you have "negative" private feedback.
Private feedback is very important.

How can you know that clients don't read your proposals?

If you are worried about persevering with low JSS, check out some inspiring stories freelancers have shared about coming back to the top after having bad JSS (search here on Community).

Our JSS can be hurt by having jobs that are inactive. You might look into it. Also, any JSS over 80 normally gives you a decent chance of success. I'll bet your problem is that you're no longer the cheapest person available. There are some real cheapskate clients out there.

Andrey S wrote:
so I have got negative private feedback? That is why JSS so low? 

Probably, yes.

Andrey S wrote:
 I can not find 2 months any work now,

Your JSS is not that bad. It is not the only thing that clients look for. Personally, I've had a JSS in the mid 70s and managed to recover. Finding some small 'quick fix' jobs helped me in that regard. Not everybody agrees that's the way to do it, but it did the job for me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members