🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS with new changes. Long-term business rela...
Page options
jimmy-johns
Community Member

JSS with new changes. Long-term business relationships penalized?

I've been working on UpWork for a few years and done ok for myself. I try to keep track of the changes and updates to use UpWork to its full abilities and my advantage when possible. 
I read through the changes that came to the JSS recently and am still wondering how this will affect me long-term. I have found a few clients that I use long-term and who are the greater source of my monthly UpWork income. These clients leave an hourly job open and just contact me through UpWork's chat with new things for me to do. Without ever closing this higher-earning job, I will not be able to take advantage of my higher-earning clients for my JSS. Is that correct? 
The only way around this would be to make them close and open contracts all the time? It seems like a negative or bothersome thing to ask a client tbh. 
I just want to be sure I'm interpreting the new rules correctly. 
Thank you for any constructive input you can provide.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

James Dean J wrote:

I have found a few clients that I use long-term and who are the greater source of my monthly UpWork income. These clients leave an hourly job open and just contact me through UpWork's chat with new things for me to do. Without ever closing this higher-earning job, I will not be able to take advantage of my higher-earning clients for my JSS. Is that correct? 

No, that is not correct, because those contracts count positively towards your JSS as long as they are active. There is absolutely no need to keep closing them.

Okay, so they are calculating the weight or worth by how much I make monthly off of them or ?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members