cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS

Emma C Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1 of 2,414

I would like to understand why  Upwork don't look at clients who don't leave feedback.  Some clients are one-off users, others are too busy to leave feedback and some just don't understand how to do it.  I have long-standing contracts that never received feedback, yet the messages show how happy the client  was.  I have other clients who were first time users and had work complete - were happy (again, said so) but didn't leave feedback. Then there are the users who just never leave feedback - for anyone!  I have flagged and flagged this but the help team just keep repeating the same thread (obviously a template).  I think that clients notorious for not leaving feedback should be taken into account and if a freelancer requests feedback - they should not be penalised for no feedback left.  I also think Upwork should look at those contracts and make their own decisions.  Am so fed up with this system that I've shifted some stuff over to another website, some clients are now private and I'm trying my best to move a load of other clients.  

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 2,414

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team.

Untitled
Highlighted
Emma C Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3 of 2,414

It doesn't matter whether you do or you don't, I've repeatedly done the same and as a 3 year freelancer with 300 jobs under my belt you are doing everything you can to encourage me to leave the site.  I've dramatically reduced my jobs on Upwork as the feedback system favours the client rather than looking after the freelancer.  No feedback should make no difference.  A client has the opportunity of leaving feedback and if he or she chooses not to for whatever reason (doesn't know how to, can't be bothered, one-off user), that's their problem shouldn't be the freelancers.  

Community Leader
Debora F Member Since: Nov 3, 2010
4 of 2,414

Agree, agree, agree. I work here for more than 8 years, more than 400 jobs succesfully completed and my Profile Rate doesn´t help now (is a good JSS, but was lowered for some reason to 89% JSS and most clients ask for 90% JSS). Upwork "punish" me because of clients that decide not to leave feedback, or give me 5 stars but leave some private feedback that is "secret" to me... Why don´t you share with me the private feedback so I could learn, improve?

Also, please, rate the client as you rate the providers. Make things fair and equal for all of us. 

Thank you

Ace Contributor
Jonathan R Member Since: Mar 6, 2018
5 of 2,414

I basiclly stopped doing business on the upwork platform for the same reason.  I been a freelancer for almost 10 years.  But due to me only having 4 or 5 long term jobs on upwork as needed that never closed due.  Upwork/Odesk dropped my score below 60% after 6 months.  I check every few months to see if they changed anything.  But until they change there JSS system, I rarey accept anywork on the platform.  

Community Guru
Heaven H Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
6 of 2,414

Jonathan R wrote:

I basiclly stopped doing business on the upwork platform for the same reason.  I been a freelancer for almost 10 years.  But due to me only having 4 or 5 long term jobs on upwork as needed that never closed due.  Upwork/Odesk dropped my score below 60% after 6 months.  I check every few months to see if they changed anything.  But until they change there JSS system, I rarey accept anywork on the platform.  

If you've never had a completed contract, you shouldn't have a JSS at all...and you don't. There's no JSS visible on your profile.

Ace Contributor
7 of 2,414
Again my freelancer account was closed. I still have an active account for hiring freelancers that i still use.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 2,414

Jonathan R wrote:
Again my freelancer account was closed. I still have an active account for hiring freelancers that i still use.

The account you are posting from is a freelancer account (which may, indeed, have a client account attached to it.)

You must have opened a duplicate account as otherwise your history would be on your profile. You also claim to have x number of ongoing contracts which would be impossible on a closed account.

Let's take a look what you said:

Jonathan R wrote:
But due to me only having 4 or 5 long term jobs on upwork as needed that never closed due. I rarey accept any work on the platform.  

On your current profile you have NEVER "accepted any work" - and you could not accept any work at all on a closed account, which should not have been closed in the first place, you should have just added your client profile to it.

Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
9 of 2,414

Petra, I know I have criticized your conduct in these forums but at the same time you should be commended for you assistance with technical issues. You seem to be most helpful on that front.

Ace Contributor
10 of 2,414

HEre my old profile and posts about this same subject.  

Thank you

https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/53732

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS