Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score Dropped without any bad feedback

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
91 of 4,466

" I actually hope you go through what somof us have so you can educate yourself and broaden your perspecive.  Your current perspective lack empathy and sympathy, and just assumes that since you've had no major problems that no one else has any excuses and that there are not serious problems with the plaform.  What you are see in in these forums, Phyllis, is that reality is a great deal more complicated. "

Brian, I've never said there are not serious problems with the platform. I just don't agree with you about what they are. Nor is it the case that I have not had "major problems". I just choose to learn from bad experiences and adjust my strategy to meet the situation head-on, instead of deciding that I've been victimized by the system. 

What I see in forum discussions with increasing frequency are people who really have no business trying to freelance until they develop a better understanding of what it means. But that's a whole different rabbit hole. 

The JSS is not perfect, but it is NOT the end-all/be-all when it comes to landing projects. Especially for anyone with some positive job history, the most important factors are an appealing profile and compelling proposals. UW is never going to overhaul the JSS. But FLs who are struggling can overhaul their own profiles and proposal tactics and that will make a difference for them.

Then again, I guess it boils down to whether you'd rather make a living or make a point.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
92 of 4,466

Hi Adeel,

Unfortunately no, the private feedback will remain as private as well. But this is not a huge drop, just keep focusing on finishing projects with great otucome and you will get back up to %100 JSS again.

Untitled
Highlighted
M. Adeel G Member Since: Sep 5, 2017
93 of 4,466

Thanks Goran! Yes its not a huge drop but i was just surprised to see it drop because i thought all my clients were happy with my work but i think some of them didn't give me good private revirews!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vonda S Member Since: Aug 30, 2017
94 of 4,466

I got a 79% the job score percentage recommends 90%, they won't look at my score at all.  What do I need to do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
95 of 4,466

"I got a 79% the job score percentage recommends 90%, they won't look at my score at all.  What do I need to do?"

ALERT  The system needs to be fixed so this NEVER happens.  We don't need an explanation.  We need a fix, and "explanation" for that is just disrespectful.  FIX this very problematic system!!!

Highlighted
Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
96 of 4,466

Dude, that is a direct violation of GDPR rules. I understand that Upwork does not care about freelancers, but you should care when the complaints start rolling in. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
97 of 4,466

@Lara M wrote:

Dude, that is a direct violation of GDPR rules. 

No, no, GDPR definitely allows some degree of secrecy in the data held by companies. People are often mistaken into thinking that GDPR ensures full disclosure of all their personal information to citizens, but the law actually provides few exceptions under some circumstances.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
98 of 4,466

You're absolutely wrong.  I understand you saying otherwise to keep people from making complaints, but that doesn't make you any less wrong. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
100 of 4,466

Hi All,

A few comments have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines.

I'd also like to ask participants of this thread to be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other members of the Community.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
100 of 4,466

M. Adeel G wrote:

I recently accepted a contract but then client ask for more work than he mentioned in job description so i just refunded him full amount.

That is why it dropped.

• No Earnings – In general, when a contract fails to lead to any earnings your JSS will be negatively impacted. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS