cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS

AHMED H Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
671 of 4,775

Why my reply is deleted!! I hope its just "system error"!!!!

In fact, its even worse than that

I believe you didn't yet experiencing the worst part even you might have in upwork

Client can also leave negative feedback and don't pay just because he "think" he didn't get what he originally asked. He will leave negative feedback and didn't pay a cent and you might worked for weeks or month!

There is more worse than that in fact. The worst part is something that upwork call "Dispute" and this is the most funny joke you will ever hear in upwork. Dispute team will say that we won't read the project requirements or the message history or even check the delivered product! I've no idea what they then doing in fact! They just can move you to something like court case and the initial payment is about 500$ or close I don't really remember, its a crime scene! I'm not Mark zuckerberg BTW, I'm just a simple developer!

Another worse part!! Your profile will badely affected by "unfair" (I'm trying to be polite) client. You might work for 9 years on Elance and then moved to upwork with the merge process and after 9 years of being 100% recommended and never take any client rights you might end up by your score down to 98% just with only one client that simply click a link because he might didn't get his coffe on the morning!! Hah!!! What a funy "Joke"?! (I'm still trying to be polite)

We all gonna lose cause of this badely managed issue. I do more and more work for clients without payment just because if I simply says to the client that he didn't metnioned this features on the original post he might close the project and give negative feedback! How I could work on that envoirment while I'm worrying just to say "no" to the client that didn't get the Morning Coffe!

This is happened to me and I'm currently doing twice over the job requirement because I'm worrying that the client give me negative feedback for no reason. My score is always 100% from 9 years ago and its simply got 2% down just for one client that get a complete product with exactly the features he asked, it even get a high quality well coded product not but he simply burn years of work with one click

Highlighted
AHMED H Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
673 of 4,775

LOL I was worry from client to give me negative feedback with no reason now I start to be worry from upwork to treat me bad !! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

This is really bad. Why they simply didn't help us all do better job? We all will get more good business to do. I really didn't expect that. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Patricia S Member Since: Sep 28, 2016
673 of 4,775

I agree: scope creep out of fear of bad feedback or disputes or chargebacks is out of control here. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vonda S Member Since: Aug 30, 2017
674 of 4,775

I have two five star rating with good feedback, it should have went up.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
675 of 4,775

@Vonda S wrote:

I have two five star rating with good feedback, it should have went up.

Private feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vonda S Member Since: Aug 30, 2017
676 of 4,775

That private feedback was on the last update, both five star didn't have private feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
677 of 4,775
All feedback has private feedback. You don’t see it. That’s why it’s called private.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Abhishek S Member Since: Sep 9, 2017
678 of 4,775

Well, this sudden drop is just painfulSmiley Frustrated . On the contrary I was waiting to see a jump on my JSS, because I got few good feedback from my clients recently. In fact few hour ago it was 96%.

Now, it can only mean a "private feedback" got me, no doubt about that, so my question is how much harm one private feedback can make? (In my case the drop is 14%.)

Because the race towards 100% is like catching a mirage in a desert.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anum S Member Since: Feb 9, 2018
679 of 4,775

Hi,

Please any one tell me why my JSS drop down from 98% to 82% i have ended only two contracts with 5star and one with 4.80star.... 

Thats not fair please help what is the reson behind him??

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
680 of 4,775

Hi Abhishek and Anum,

Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. Please check this blog and this help article for more information about what affects your score and what you can do to improve it.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS