Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Inactive Profile Account

Aditya P Member Since: Oct 30, 2016
1151 of 3,031

Hi Petra,

Thank you for your Reply.

Then How i can Request to client change their Private feedback?

As sometime Clients by Mistake Leave low Rating ?

Please Advise as the low rating effect my work & cients.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1152 of 3,031

@Aditya P wrote:

Then How i can Request to client change their Private feedback?

You can't. Nor can the client. Nobody can. The private feedback is set in stone and can not be changed to make sure that freelancers who are unprofessional enough to pester clients to have their feedback changed can not manipulate the JSS.

If you were top rated before this Sunday you can, however, use your perk and request for the contract to be excluded from your JSS calculation, provided you haven't used the perk in the last 3 months and 10 contracts.

Gulraiz Ahmad S Member Since: Feb 16, 2018
1153 of 3,031

Hi,

I have 15 successfully completed jobs and 6 ongoing projects on upwork.

Out of these 15 finished jobs I have been awarded five stars for 14 jobs. The remaining 1 was finished last week with 4.6 stars.

I had 100 jss on upwork till last week, but due to that one job with 4.6 stars my score fell to 97 and that happened last week.

Total stars I received 74.6 out of 75 which is 99.46%

Can anybody tell why I fell to 97% instead of 99%?

Community Leader
Prachi T Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
1154 of 3,031

The calculation isn't as straightforward as that.

It takes into account not just the public feedback, but also the private feedback that the client left you, along with other factors.

Gulraiz Ahmad S Member Since: Feb 16, 2018
1155 of 3,031

Thanks Prachi for the reply.

Lou Maria Fei P Member Since: Dec 16, 2017
1156 of 3,031

Is there a way where my Job Success score can be recalculated? It always decreasing. Last 2 weeks it is 93%, then after 2 weeks it is now 89% and I got 2 new good feedbacks with 5 stars and a strong relationship with those clients. Please let me know if it is possible to recalculate it. Thanks!

Adrian Steven Q Member Since: Sep 7, 2017
1157 of 3,031

Hello. I've been in Upwork for quite a long time now and was able to reach a JSS of 100%. Now, I decided to work in a local company to undergo training and gain experience so I can expand my skillset which I could be used when I get back to Upwork. Will my JSS go down during the time of my inactivity since my training will go for few months? I don't have active and inactive contracts.

Adrian Steven Q Member Since: Sep 7, 2017
1158 of 3,031

I got a reply from a customer support thru chat. This might be helpful for readers.

"

To give you more understanding on how your score updates, the Upwork system takes snapshots of your 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each, so even if you do not have new contracts, it is possible that score will change. One example would be if one, two or three of your previous jobs will be outside the 24 month period that will not be included in the calculation of your score thus the score will change
also know that taking a break will not adversely affect Job Success Score. If you take a break, the score will stay the same while past jobs remain as long as these jobs are in the 24-month window.
Job Success looks at the overall performance in the past 24-months and more heavily weighs recent work (not a lack of work). If you had a rough start, but are improving, older jobs won't count against them as much.
"

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1159 of 3,031

That would only be the case if your 2 year or 12 month windows are also 100%.

If you were ever below 100% and take 6 months off, and therefor no longer HAVE a 6 month window with enough completed contracts to calculate a JSS with, the JSS will default to the 12 or 24 month windows and if those are NOT 100% your JSS will go down.

Priyanka B Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
1160 of 3,031

Hi..

My Profile page shows 91% Jss and Stats page shows 94%.. Which one is correct?

Thanks 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS