cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change in JSS

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
1151 of 2,038

My JSS seems to be stuck at 87%. It's been 87 for 6 months -  during that  period, I finalized several contracts, had some good feedback and a few bad clients - the usual stuff. JSS never changed that number is always there.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1152 of 2,038

@Sanja D wrote:

My JSS seems to be stuck at 87%. It's been 87 for 6 months -  during that  period, I finalized several contracts, had some good feedback and a few bad clients - the usual stuff. JSS never changed that number is always there.

That would indicate that your best "window" is your 2 year window - which contains the most contracts so it takes quite a lot to shift as you have a lot of contracts in that window.

I am hazarding a guess that what is holding you back is a significant percentage of contracts in your calculation window which ended without anything having been paid (either cancelled, closed without any payment ever, fully refunded or open but nothing ever (!) paid for months.) Such contracts are really toxic. Any single one of those will hurt.

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
1153 of 2,038

@ Petra:

I think you're right. I had a few  clients from hell - some of them canceled contracts and tried to use artwork (I made sure they don't lol), and a few of them awarded the job and I never heard from them again...
I'll check back in 2 years ;-) - since 98% of the jobs posted require JSS of 90% and higher

Alina Y Member Since: Jul 6, 2018
1154 of 2,038
Hello! Would you be so kind to help me get more clarity regarding the change in my JSS?
My JSS has been 100%, but suddenly gone down to 83%.
I have one open contract, but since July no activity, another open contract, but since one month no activity in it.
I contacted both clients and asked to close the contracts, if my support isn't required anymore, both of them ignored my request.
I find it totally unfair, I did good job for the both of the clients and they were satisfied with my job.
Why should my JSS suffer?
I don't understand the reason for that.
Community Guru
1155 of 2,038

@Alina Y wrote:
Hello! Would you be so kind to help me get more clarity regarding the change in my JSS?
My JSS has been 100%, but suddenly gone down to 83%.

Any contracts which were either closed with no payment ever or have been open for 2-3 months without anything ever having been paid?

It looks like you have one "dead" contract (100 divided by 6 x 5 = 83.33 = 83%)

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1156 of 2,038

With only 4 jobs and one without feedback, it wouldn't take much for OPs JSS to slip. That's barely enough contracts to qualify for a JSS calculation at all. 

1157 of 2,038
@Petra
But why my JSS changed in two weeks? Two weeks ago it was 100%. It changes in 6, 12 and 24 months, doesn't it?
Highlighted
Community Guru
1158 of 2,038

@Alina Y wrote:
@Petra
But why my JSS changed in two weeks? Two weeks ago it was 100%. It changes in 6, 12 and 24 months, doesn't it?

No, it is updated every 2 weeks. It is calculated on the best of your 6, 12 and 24 month windows. So something happened in the last two weeks, either a contract closed with poor private feedback or nothing ever paid or became a negative factor as it has been open for a very long time without anything (ever) having been paid on it.

1159 of 2,038

Thanks for your reply @Petra.

But I am still very confused that 17% of my JSS has been dropped only because of two open inactive contracts.

In the meanwhile one contract was closed last week while another one is still open.

But getting back to the past why then I received 100% JSS while having these two open inactive contracts. And after two weeks of 100% JSS, lost 17% because of the same two open inactive contracts.

Community Guru
1160 of 2,038

@Alina Y wrote:

@Thanks for your reply @Petra.

But I am still very confused that 17% of my JSS has been dropped only because of two open inactive contracts.

In the meanwhile one contract was closed last week while another one is still open.

But getting back to the past why then I received 100% JSS while having these two open inactive contracts. And after two weeks of 100% JSS, lost 17% because of the same two open inactive contracts.

Inactive contracts do not hurt your JSS if money has been paid on them at some point. They are neutral, they do no good and no harm.

What does hurt is a contract that has either got to 2-3 months old without anything EVER having been paid, or was closed without anything EVER having been paid and closed without feedback. Do you have such a contract?

I think there is an hourly job hiding somewhere you've never logged any time under and which started just over 2 months ago?

If that is the case, you can stop it hurting your JSS by simply logging 10 minutes of time. Do so while writing to the client asking for the job to start and including some ideas / thoughts, so the 10 minutes are legitimately logged.

Alternatively, you may have received poor private feedback from the job that closed last week.

If you don't have any long term "idle and nothing EVER paid" contracts, then the one that closed last week did it, if your JSS dropped in the last update.

Unfortunately with only very few closed contracts each counts very heavily, for better or for worse.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS