cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success score lowered overnight

Timothy F Member Since: Sep 13, 2018
1181 of 2,899

Thanks for you answer, but I haven't been with Upwork long enough for the 24 month window to apply to me. 

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
1182 of 2,899

"Contracts with no earnings and no feedback, whether closed or not, can significantly lower your JSS because they indicate client dissatisfaction. "

Oh, really? How exactly they indicate client dissatisfaction? Do messages in the message room get checked by the JSS calculating bot?

How about the contract with no earnings and no feedback - and no specs from the client - except one sentence - "sorry, I've been busy with other stuff and this project will have to wait" .
I just closed that one that's been open for months waiting for the client to find the time to finalize that project. Somehow I think that my JSS will drop additional 10% after this....

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
1183 of 2,899

@Sanja D wrote:

"Contracts with no earnings and no feedback, whether closed or not, can significantly lower your JSS because they indicate client dissatisfaction. "

Oh, really? How exactly they indicate client dissatisfaction? Do messages in the message room get checked by the JSS calculating bot?

How about the contract with no earnings and no feedback - and no specs from the client - except one sentence - "sorry, I've been busy with other stuff and this project will have to wait" .
I just closed that one that's been open for months waiting for the client to find the time to finalize that project. Somehow I think that my JSS will drop additional 10% after this....

That is exactly why client management skills are so important, and never accepting a contract where you don't have all, or most material to do the task. Accepting hastily or without much thought often leads to bad outcomes. 

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
1184 of 2,899

I accepted the project because RFP was detailed - I just needed the name for the company. The client said they're deciding on it - and then just informed me that he's busy with other stuff...

So it wasn't the case of "Logo needed" job post with no details - client seemed professional, but eventually  probably decided not to start the business...

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1185 of 2,899

@Timothy F wrote:

Thing is, nothing changed. I've had no feedback between this morning and yesterday that could have lowered it, I'm working the same long-term project I always have too so don't have time to take on other projects. I have a couple of jobs that have been left open for a long time, despite several calls from me for the client to end the job if they're finished, would they affect it? 

Do you have any open contracts which have **NO** earnings (ever) and have been open for 2 months or longer?

Was it during this last update (on Sunday) that you lost your top rated status?

1186 of 2,899

I have inactive open contacts but they all have some amount of earnings. 
I don't think it was Sunday,  the first I became aware of it was when I recived an email last night/this morning (during the 'AM's of the night). 

Community Guru
1187 of 2,899

@Timothy F wrote:

I have inactive open contacts but they all have some amount of earnings. 
I don't think it was Sunday,  the first I became aware of it was when I recived an email last night/this morning (during the 'AM's of the night). 

It was Sunday. JSS only updates once every 14 days, always on a Sunday early afternoon.

Did you close or cancel a job that never had any earnings? 

Highlighted
1188 of 2,899

Nothing, no. last closed job was 28th Sep. 

It's a mystery why I dropped 2%. 

1189 of 2,899

You wouldn't know why this has been marked as 'solved' do you? I didn't mark it as solved nor have I had an explanation that can account for the 2% drop. 

Community Guru
1190 of 2,899

@Timothy F wrote:

You wouldn't know why this has been marked as 'solved' do you? I didn't mark it as solved nor have I had an explanation that can account for the 2% drop. 

2% can easily be because a good contract dropped out of your calculation window.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS