Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success score lowered overnight

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1191 of 3,258

@Timothy F wrote:

Thing is, nothing changed. I've had no feedback between this morning and yesterday that could have lowered it, I'm working the same long-term project I always have too so don't have time to take on other projects. I have a couple of jobs that have been left open for a long time, despite several calls from me for the client to end the job if they're finished, would they affect it? 

Do you have any open contracts which have **NO** earnings (ever) and have been open for 2 months or longer?

Was it during this last update (on Sunday) that you lost your top rated status?

Timothy F Member Since: Sep 13, 2018
1192 of 3,258

I have inactive open contacts but they all have some amount of earnings. 
I don't think it was Sunday,  the first I became aware of it was when I recived an email last night/this morning (during the 'AM's of the night). 

Community Guru
1193 of 3,258

@Timothy F wrote:

I have inactive open contacts but they all have some amount of earnings. 
I don't think it was Sunday,  the first I became aware of it was when I recived an email last night/this morning (during the 'AM's of the night). 

It was Sunday. JSS only updates once every 14 days, always on a Sunday early afternoon.

Did you close or cancel a job that never had any earnings? 

1194 of 3,258

Nothing, no. last closed job was 28th Sep. 

It's a mystery why I dropped 2%. 

1195 of 3,258

You wouldn't know why this has been marked as 'solved' do you? I didn't mark it as solved nor have I had an explanation that can account for the 2% drop. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
1196 of 3,258

@Timothy F wrote:

You wouldn't know why this has been marked as 'solved' do you? I didn't mark it as solved nor have I had an explanation that can account for the 2% drop. 

2% can easily be because a good contract dropped out of your calculation window.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1197 of 3,258

Because Upwork Customer Service is not going to tell you specifically why your JSS has changed. That's not the way JSS works. That would be like Google telling each website specifically why they aren't ranked on the first page. The JSS is not a tool to help you improve but for clients to assess where you are now. Various factors affect your score--you don't get to know what all of them are. 

Maybe the deduct points for being blue. 🧞

Gulfraz C Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
1198 of 3,258
Hi Friends,

I am curious about JS scores. I have completed my 8 projects but still I don't have JS scores. Can I get help from your side on "when I will ve supposed to get this score?

Tganks
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Shamshad A Member Since: Jul 24, 2018
1199 of 3,258

Hi Gulfaraz,
Understanding, Upwork's algorithm is not easy. JSS depends on Nature of jobs, time duration and Money earned. You willl get your JSS most probably in one- two days or maximum a week.

For your reference JSS badge appeared on my profile after completing 4 jobs.

Does this help?

All the best,
Muhammad.

Gulfraz C Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
1200 of 3,258
Hi Mohammed,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, my all projects were completed before the last update i.e. 25th Nov. My 8 completed projects are with 6 different clients. 2 projects are without feedback.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS