Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JS score criteria

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1191 of 2,989

@Timothy F wrote:

You wouldn't know why this has been marked as 'solved' do you? I didn't mark it as solved nor have I had an explanation that can account for the 2% drop. 

2% can easily be because a good contract dropped out of your calculation window.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1192 of 2,989

Because Upwork Customer Service is not going to tell you specifically why your JSS has changed. That's not the way JSS works. That would be like Google telling each website specifically why they aren't ranked on the first page. The JSS is not a tool to help you improve but for clients to assess where you are now. Various factors affect your score--you don't get to know what all of them are. 

Maybe the deduct points for being blue. 🧞

Gulfraz C Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
1193 of 2,989
Hi Friends,

I am curious about JS scores. I have completed my 8 projects but still I don't have JS scores. Can I get help from your side on "when I will ve supposed to get this score?

Tganks
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Shamshad A Member Since: Jul 24, 2018
1194 of 2,989

Hi Gulfaraz,
Understanding, Upwork's algorithm is not easy. JSS depends on Nature of jobs, time duration and Money earned. You willl get your JSS most probably in one- two days or maximum a week.

For your reference JSS badge appeared on my profile after completing 4 jobs.

Does this help?

All the best,
Muhammad.

Highlighted
1195 of 2,989
Hi Mohammed,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, my all projects were completed before the last update i.e. 25th Nov. My 8 completed projects are with 6 different clients. 2 projects are without feedback.
Community Guru
1196 of 2,989

@Gulfraz C wrote:
Hi Mohammed,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, my all projects were completed before the last update i.e. 25th Nov. My 8 completed projects are with 6 different clients. 2 projects are without feedback.

Then it is possible (likely) that your JSS was calculated, but is below 50% so doesn't show on your profile.

Take a look at your My Stats Page

Does it show a JSS there? If yes, what does it say?

Does it show a "Clients who would recommend you" percentage (private feedback?) If yes, what does it say?

Community Guru
1197 of 2,989

@Gulfraz C wrote:
Hi Friends,

I am curious about JS scores. I have completed my 8 projects but still I don't have JS scores. Can I get help from your side on "when I will ve supposed to get this score?

Tganks

I wouldn't be so eager for a JSS, no JSS is much better than a poor JSS.

You may be eligible for a JSS at the next update (next Sunday) but if your JSS is below 50% it won't show on your profile anyway.

1198 of 2,989
My all projects were completed before the last update i.e. 25th Nov but I didn't receive JS batch during the last update.
Manoj Kumar N Member Since: Apr 19, 2018
1199 of 2,989

Now my JSS is 95%. If any work did not get in a month. is it affect the JSS?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1200 of 2,989

Hi Manoj, 

If there are not enough contracts to compute your score from, it will take the highest score out of the six-, 12- and 24-month history. Whichever is highest will be your score. Take note that your score will change even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS