Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
31 of 2,414

Upwork seems to think that by vaguely explaining rules the specifics of which they think they can keep from us that this is a proper response to us pointing out a system that is blatantly flawed in its scoring system.  Par for the course...

Aminul I Member Since: Jul 28, 2017
32 of 2,414

I had 92% JSS even last week. By this time I haven't closed any job. But this week the JSS automatically downgraded to 90%! 2% minus without any reason!

Can anybody tell me why it happened? What I should do now?

Thanks.

Aminul

Jawid D Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
33 of 2,414

Same with me as well..Infact i successfully completed one job which i got a perfect 5 on 5..Thought i would get a better rating..But instead i was downgraded as well Smiley Sad

Melba K Member Since: May 29, 2018
34 of 2,414

Hi Aminul, It happens to me last week.....I'm removed from Top Rated eventhough no one leaves me nasty feedback and no one close the contracts,   I'm not really paying attention to all this forum and until something happen to me I'm now spending time reading forum instead of looking for new client but I'm supposed to look for new clients just that I'm really puzzled how I get that score without doing nothing. It feels like I've got a lot of ? running inside my mind lol.

Sue P Member Since: Nov 26, 2011
35 of 2,414

I am concerned with this issue as well. I have been an active freelancer for over 7 years and have steadily dropped in my JSS score, now to 95%. I have approximately 45 jobs that have been successfully completed and paid by the clients, but they have not been officially ended by the clients. I have written to all of them, and some of them I have written to repeatedly (4-5 times).  Nothing changes. I believe this is reflective in my score and I am afraid to end the jobs myself. I was hoping that if there was inactivity on the job, and there was no response from the client over a length of time, that Upwork would close the job. Some of these completed jobs are over 2 or 3 years old. I, too, don't feel the freelancer should have to be penalized. Please advise. Thank you. 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
36 of 2,414

@Aminul I wrote:

I had 92% JSS even last week. By this time I haven't closed any job. But this week the JSS automatically downgraded to 90%! 2% minus without any reason!

Can anybody tell me why it happened? What I should do now?

Thanks.

Aminul

It is quite possible for JSS to change even if you had no jobs for some time, as the jobs that are included in the respective calculation windows change over time. That is the reason why your JSS changes.

The thing to do to improve JSS is actually always the same. Provide great work and have great feedback from happy clients. 

Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
37 of 2,414

My favorite thing about Upwork is that you guys continually lecture about TOS, yet are in clear violation of GDPR rules in refusing to turn over ANY private info you have on your users-this includes private feedback and JSS calculations.**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
38 of 2,414

Can you show me where it says JSS and private feedback information? I'm pretty sure Upwork is up to date and their lawyers are well aware of any compliance issues. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
39 of 2,414

Have you read the GDPR requirements?  Companies are required to turn over all information they hold on people. I would recommend you read the rules before you come for me. 

Ace Contributor
Jonathan R Member Since: Mar 6, 2018
40 of 2,414

If it is longer then 1 year.  Then you are more then likey in violation of the law for users in the state of Texas.    As Texas law and courts have ruled that you cant hold anyone over a year.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS