Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change in JSS score works

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
111 of 4,142

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately our Product Team does not have access to get in contact with our users however, rest assured that your feedback and suggestions are being forwarded to them for further review.

Highlighted
Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
112 of 4,142

I've personally paid Upwork over 15K in the past 2 years, yet their customer service is non-existent. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
113 of 4,142

Hi Lara,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you're experiencing with you Job Success Score. I see our team is already communicating with you regarding the request you submitted and I'll ask our team to reach out to you again, to clarify the GDPR regulations and assist you directly.

Highlighted
Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
114 of 4,142

I do not accept your fake apology.  All I want is the data that your company has on me and I want to know why I cannot have it.  IT IS MY DATA.  Additionally, your private feedback JSS, if it negatively affects someone, is illegal in California and other jurisdictions. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
115 of 4,142

AMEN LARA!  PREACH!!!

Lara M wrote:

I do not accept your fake apology.  All I want is the data that your company has on me and I want to know why I cannot have it.  IT IS MY DATA.  Additionally, your private feedback JSS, if it negatively affects someone, is illegal in California and other jurisdictions. 

Community Guru
116 of 4,142

Lara, that's not fair.  Its customer service does exist, and it exists to tell any freelancer with a legitimate complaint about being treated unfairly that they are wrong and Upwork is right, and to provide information you did not ask for as a solution :-)

Highlighted
Community Leader
william b Member Since: Jan 3, 2015
117 of 4,142

Could not agree more. And "non-existent" is almost certainly too kind.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
118 of 4,142

A lot of freelancers here don't realize in fact they are the "client." --- 13% of my pay goes directly to Upwork... That's more than most "client" spend here on Upwork. It's funny how freelancers don't realize this.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
119 of 4,142

Tom Z wrote:

A lot of freelancers here don't realize in fact they are the "client." --- 13% of my pay goes directly to Upwork... That's more than most "client" spend here on Upwork. It's funny how freelancers don't realize this.

What many freelancers, who think they are "the client" - is that 100% of the contract value, your part and Upwork's part" comes from the client. Absolutely every Cent of it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
120 of 4,142

Petra R wrote:

Tom Z wrote:

What many freelancers, who think they are "the client" - is that 100% of the contract value, your part and Upwork's part" comes from the client. Absolutely every Cent of it.

Do you understand basic economics?  The money is sent in exchange for goods and services.  So without services/goods offerent by freelancers, no money is changing hands or going through Upwork.  Upwork makes no money and clients get no services/goods... It's an exchange.  One is not more valuable than the other.  This is economics 101. The amount of money is based on the value of the goods.  Come on now...

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS