cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change in JSS score works

Saba U Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
81 of 2,547

Hello,

My job success score, before yesterday, was 97% and I was quite happy about it.

However, all of sudden, I found out today that my JSS has fallen to 91%. It is especially confusing because none of my contracts ended in the last 15 days. Can someone please guide me what has caused this massive fall in my JSS?

Here's the link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/fl/sabaumair3

Best Regards,

Saba Umair

Ace Contributor
Scott D Member Since: Aug 6, 2015
82 of 2,547

When is the Product Team going to understand that not every client is NOT going to leave feedback after a successful project. So when a freelancer closed a completed project the likely hood that a client will close from their end and leave feedback is 10%. YES 10%. Also when you call the customer support center to send a client an email, that is just bothering the client is DOES NOT HELP.

Freelancers who have 'ongoing' clients like I do, clients should not have forced to leave feedback when a freelancer is working with them all the time. This should be a + on their score.

I always noticed when my score reaches for example a 94% that when I successful client does not leave feedback, my score will drop 2 - 3 points. MAKES NO SENSE!

I have been watching my score closely, see attached. My score last month was 90%, and looking at my comments and scores of 5+ my score only jumped up to a 91%. COME ON, THIS MAKE NO SENSE? 
Scores seem to fall more then move up.

I NEED SOME ONE FROM THE PRODUCT TEAM TO CALL ME. TALKING TO YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE FOLKS GET KNOW WHERE.

PRODUCT TEAM NEED TO WORK WITH SELECTED FREELANCERS SO THE UNDERSTAND CLIENT AND FREELANCER RELATIONSHIPS.

THANK YOU

SCOTT

THESE ARE ALL ONE FEEDBACK SINCE THE LAST ROLLOVER, I SHOULD AT LEAST BE AT 94%

Platform Automation and Devlops Workflow InfoGraphics
Nov 2017
9 hours
$40.00 / hr
$373.33 earned

THIS IS A CLIENT THAT I CONTINUE TO WORK WITH, THIS IS THE ONLY PROJECT THAT HE HAS NOT LEFT ANY FEEDBACK SO BECAUSE OF THIS I RATE WAS LOWERED. IT MAKES NO SENSE TO HAVE GOING CLIENTS, WHO I HAVE A $500+ EARNING WITH THAT THEY HAVE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK ALL TIME. 
HAVING ONGOING CLIENTS SHOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY CALUTATED INTO YOUR SCORE.
Executive and Management Teams Org Chart
Nov 2017
No feedback given
$120.00 earned
Fixed Price

Financial Deck Unique Design & Messaging
Nov 2017
Scott was great, he made himself available for a continually moving target of completing a deck while we were transforming the deck, and once given the content to complete a job, he could whip it into shape. His designs were sound and he was really a huge help with this project.
$500.00 earned
Fixed Price

Existing powerpoint presentation for a Business Brokerage Firm.
Nov 2017
Working with Scott was easy to direct and he understood what it was I was looking for..Great Job Yes I would work with Scott again on any future Projects

8 hours
$40.00 / hr
$300.00 earned

PowerPoint Presentation
Oct 2017 - Nov 2017
Awesome job!!!!!
10 hours
$40.00 / hr
$380.00 earned

Company Overview Powerpoint- Cybersecurity Company
Sep 2017 - Oct 2017
Did everything that was asked of him with little direction and came back with an amazing product. He is very talented and plan on using him again
$400.00 earned
Fixed Price

Investor Presentation clean up
Sep 2017 - Oct 2017

Scott, is awesome. He has a great eye and understands how to make a presentation both visually interesting and free flowing.

He was pleasant available and responsive and a joy to work with. 

We will work with him again!!

14 hours
$40.00 / hr
$553.34 earned

Investor Pitch Deck
Oct 2017
No feedback given
4 hours
$40.00 / hr
$146.67 earned

Need help designing a Great Pitchbook/Presentation for clients of my new business
Sep 2017 - Oct 2017
$350.00 earned
Fixed Price

Building Scalable Organizations
Sep 2017 - Oct 2017
Really pleased with Scott's creativity and ability to understand the key message. Great work! Thank you Scott.
9 hours
$40.00 / hr
$346.67 earned

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
83 of 2,547

@Scott DS Y wrote:

THESE ARE ALL ONE FEEDBACK SINCE THE LAST ROLLOVER, I SHOULD AT LEAST BE AT 94%

Platform Automation and Devlops Workflow InfoGraphics
Nov 2017
9 hours
$40.00 / hr
$373.33 earned

THIS IS A CLIENT THAT I CONTINUE TO WORK WITH, THIS IS THE ONLY PROJECT THAT HE HAS NOT LEFT ANY FEEDBACK SO BECAUSE OF THIS I RATE WAS LOWERED. IT MAKES NO SENSE TO HAVE GOING CLIENTS, WHO I HAVE A $500+ EARNING WITH THAT THEY HAVE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK ALL TIME. 
HAVING ONGOING CLIENTS SHOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY CALUTATED INTO YOUR SCORE.

I'll take your word on all the other jobs you listed, but on this one, you're mistaken. The client gave you 5 stars, but did not enter a verbal comment. Nonetheless, for the purposes of JSS computation, it *is* feedback. The verbal comment is optional and has no effect on JSS. Furthermore, ongoing clients *are* factored into JSS calculation by way of the long-term clients percentage.

84 of 2,547

@Scott DS Y wrote:

When is the Product Team going to understand that not every client is NOT going to leave feedback after a successful project.

They already do. that's why only a pattern of no feedback impacts your JSS---a small percentage of no feedback contracts will not. For example, recently I had 11 no feedback contracts out of 83, and my JSS was 100%.

So when a freelancer closed a completed project the likely hood that a client will close from their end and leave feedback is 10%. YES 10%.

How did you arrive at the 10% figure? 

If this were true, then most freelancers would have roughly 90% no feedback contracts and the impact on everyone would be equal. 

Also when you call the customer support center to send a client an email, that is just bothering the client is DOES NOT HELP.

True. There's no reason a freelancer should ever do this.

Freelancers who have 'ongoing' clients like I do, clients should not have forced to leave feedback when a freelancer is working with them all the time. This should be a + on their score.

It is. Long-term clients have a positive impact on JSS.

I always noticed when my score reaches for example a 94% that when I successful client does not leave feedback, my score will drop 2 - 3 points. MAKES NO SENSE!

No, it sure doesn't...since others don't have the same experience.

I have been watching my score closely, see attached. My score last month was 90%, and looking at my comments and scores of 5+ my score only jumped up to a 91%. COME ON, THIS MAKE NO SENSE? 

Because you know for a fact what the private feedback associated with all of those contracts was? And you have checked for contracts that dropped out of your calculation window? And you have the inside scoop on the undisclosed algorithm, so you know for sure what your score should be?

Scores seem to fall more then move up.

Yep. That's how percentages work. If you have 9 jobs with feedback and none without, 100% of your jobs have feedback. If you add a job with no feedback, then 90% of your jobs have feedback--a 10% drop. If you then add another job with feedback, you now have feedback on 10 of 11 jobs, or 90.9%. 

I NEED SOME ONE FROM THE PRODUCT TEAM TO CALL ME. TALKING TO YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE FOLKS GET KNOW WHERE.

PRODUCT TEAM NEED TO WORK WITH SELECTED FREELANCERS SO THE UNDERSTAND CLIENT AND FREELANCER RELATIONSHIPS.

They do. Many freelancers have mentioned having been part of focus groups, we're surveyed about potential changes to the platform, and the moderators here take feedback from the forums back to the product team and execs. 

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
85 of 2,547

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately our Product Team does not have access to get in contact with our users however, rest assured that your feedback and suggestions are being forwarded to them for further review.

Lanie M
Untitled
Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
86 of 2,547

I've personally paid Upwork over 15K in the past 2 years, yet their customer service is non-existent. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
87 of 2,547

Hi Lara,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you're experiencing with you Job Success Score. I see our team is already communicating with you regarding the request you submitted and I'll ask our team to reach out to you again, to clarify the GDPR regulations and assist you directly.

Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
88 of 2,547

I do not accept your fake apology.  All I want is the data that your company has on me and I want to know why I cannot have it.  IT IS MY DATA.  Additionally, your private feedback JSS, if it negatively affects someone, is illegal in California and other jurisdictions. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
89 of 2,547

Lara, that's not fair.  Its customer service does exist, and it exists to tell any freelancer with a legitimate complaint about being treated unfairly that they are wrong and Upwork is right, and to provide information you did not ask for as a solution :-)

Community Leader
william b Member Since: Jan 3, 2015
90 of 2,547

Could not agree more. And "non-existent" is almost certainly too kind.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS