cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score Dropped without any bad feedback

Lara M Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
71 of 2,562

Dude, that is a direct violation of GDPR rules. I understand that Upwork does not care about freelancers, but you should care when the complaints start rolling in. 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
72 of 2,562

@Lara M wrote:

Dude, that is a direct violation of GDPR rules. 

No, no, GDPR definitely allows some degree of secrecy in the data held by companies. People are often mistaken into thinking that GDPR ensures full disclosure of all their personal information to citizens, but the law actually provides few exceptions under some circumstances.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
73 of 2,562

You're absolutely wrong.  I understand you saying otherwise to keep people from making complaints, but that doesn't make you any less wrong. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
75 of 2,562

Hi All,

A few comments have been removed from this thread for Community Guidelines.

I'd also like to ask participants of this thread to be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other members of the Community.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
75 of 2,562

Can you explain why, in the TOS, it specifically says: "You agree not to use the Composite Information to make any employment, credit, credit valuation, underwriting, or other similar decision about any other User."  So, if a client does not hire you because of a JSS, aren't they violating the TOS?  Do you all plan on enforcing that or are you just going to continue to arbitrarily penalize freelancers without letting them know what they need to correct.**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ace Contributor
Shehab A Member Since: Sep 18, 2018
76 of 2,562

Hi Upwork Community,

I working here since october 2018 and finally got my JSS but it says 90% Job succes not 100% even I go full ratings (5stars and Feedback from all client except in 2 jobs did not get feeback but got 5 stars)

ANYBODY HELP or illustrate me?

Thanks!

Shehab

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
77 of 2,562

@Shehab A wrote:

I working here since october 2018 and finally got my JSS but it says 90% Job succes not 100% even I go full ratings (5stars and Feedback from all client except in 2 jobs did not get feeback but got 5 stars)

ANYBODY HELP or illustrate me?

Private feedback.

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
78 of 2,562

Hello Shehab, I looked at your profile. I think one of your clients might have given you a low private feedback if you don't have any jobs that you refunded or ended with no money paid.

You have another subtitle job from one client with a previous job which is not visible in your profile yet (that I saw on the client's job page) so I don't think they gave you a bad rating. The client asking for video edits have 3 jobs with you but he gave the same job to more than one freelancer in 2 instances so I can't be sure if they gave a bad private but again I don't think they did since they gave you 3 jobs.

So we are down to "reproduce video". They also gave the same job to someone else. When I looked at their job history I can see that they don't usually give the same job to different people. Also the dates you and the other freelancer got the same job seem to be the same. So if you asked me to make my best guess I'd say they gave you a low private feedback.

In "my stats" page there is a "Clients who would recommend you" rating. That's overall percentage of all your clients who gave 9 or 10 (probably) on private feedback. Check that number. You have 5 clients who gave rating to you; from there you can see how many of them gave you a bad private feedback.

Here I want to (strongly) state that what I wrote about your clients is only a guess. You are the one working with them; your guess should be better than mine. At the end of the day, there is nothing you can do about the past but if I were you (if you are really good at what you're doing) I'd raise my price because cheap clients are always the worst clients, also about giving a good rating.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
79 of 2,562

"Hi Adeel,

Private feedback is included in the calculation as well. 
The JSS is calculated in 6-12 and 24 moths windows, if some of your good feedback are pushed out of this windows it will slightly go lower.

You can focus on finishing smaller fixed price contracts so that they are included in your calculation little bit faster."

Except when you lower her score, it's harder to get ANY contracts, regardless of size.  Yet so many times, Moderators and Gurus say the "answer" to sudden, mysterious drops in JSS is to get more work through "smaller" contracts to bring it up.  Any size is harder to get when your score drops 8%!  Do you realize that is exactly what the drop makes it harder to do?? Such "answers" are frustrating and show gross insensitivity to problems we are facing and are not "answers" at all. 

Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
80 of 2,562

Because JSS is smoke and mirrors.  They allow private feedback you never see and then discount the public feedback if the private feedback isn't perfect.  I'm not at all covinced that an 8/10 "would they recommend" isn't counted as non-success...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS