cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Success Score Decrease

Petra B Member Since: Feb 28, 2018
1661 of 1,696

**Edited for community guidelines** It’s really hard someone to hire me because of my bad job
success but I am really good at what I’m doing. Like, all my clients were
really satisfied. I don’t understand why would someone randomly give me a
bad feedback. Trying to find the answer.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1662 of 1,696

Petra B wrote:

**Edited for community guidelines** It’s really hard someone to hire me because of my bad job
success but I am really good at what I’m doing. Like, all my clients were
really satisfied. I don’t understand why would someone randomly give me a
bad feedback. Trying to find the answer.

You'll need to look beyond the star ratings for answers. The rest of us don't have access to this information. Have you looked at your "Clients who would recommend" percentage on your stats page? This number will provide insight into whether someone actually gave you bad private feedback or not. Have you experienced any canceled contracts or issued any refunds?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1663 of 1,696

Phillip M wrote:

Petra B wrote:
Hi, I had a 100% of job success and I was top rated, had 3 jobs and all clients gave me 5 stars. All of a sudden my job success became 60% so I guessed someone gave me negative private feedback but literally for no reason. After that I had two more jobs and client gave me 5 stars on both of them. Will my job success grow up again and when? I guess my job success will never be 100% again?
Thanks, Petra.

**Edited for community guidelines** I have only had 4 clients in my history. One client forgot to close out the contract. Didn't realize it until a year later. I ended up closing it and they did not leave feedback. My score is now 67% simply becuase there was no finicial transcation occuring within the year time frame.

That is not what affected your JSS. You were paid.

Was there a contract that did not lead to any earnings? (Closed without earnings / fully refunded / still open without anything ever paid for months?)

Same question (again) to Petra. Was there such a contract? (One that somehow never produced $$$)

Highlighted
Md Mizanur R Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
1664 of 1,696

Hi

A few days ago My Upwork Job success score was 100% , suddenly My job Success score decrease to 94% beside onely one client give review 4.25 of 12 projects completed. H

How can i return my Job success score ..? Please help about this topic

With Best 

Mizan

**Edited for community guidelines**

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
1665 of 1,696

Every facet of the subject of Job Success Scores, client ratings, etc. has been discussed on this message board ad nauseum.

Please search for threads about JSS, Job Success Score, etc. to see what's already been said on these subjects.

There is nothing new to be said. Any answers you are looking for have already been provided in these many, many threads.

Community Guru
Federico D Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
1666 of 1,696

Md Mizanur R wrote:

Hi

A few days ago My Upwork Job success score was 100% , suddenly My job Success score decrease to 94% beside onely one client give review 4.25 of 12 projects completed. H

How can i return my Job success score ..? Please help about this topic

With Best 

Mizan

**Edited for community guidelines**

I would not worry too much. I have been on 100% job success and it made no difference to the number of jobs I got. I am on 84% at the moment and I have been negotiating several jobs. None of the potential clients said anything about my job success rate. On one of them, the client scrutinised and asked me questions about everthing on my profile, except for the job success rate.

Regina R Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
1667 of 1,696

Hi, everyone!

Is there a way to make suggestions to Upwork regarding new features? I think it would allow for a more accurate reflection of job success to give the freelancer the option to request feedback from long term clients without closing the contract.

This would remove the penalty to a freelancer for maintaining long term contracts. I know there is a "long term client" statistic available that is factored into the JSS, but this doesn't completely capture client satisfaction and make it publicly available. For example, on Google, Yelp, other review platforms, I can be a current client of a business and am still able to leave them feedback.

It would be awesome to have a feature allowing a certain timeframe of the contract to be closed and rated so that the JSS better reflects overall client satisfaction, not just on closed contracts.

Some key capabilities of this feature would be as follows:

- Allowing it to be at the freelancer and client's discretion without prompting from Upwork (much like closing a contract and leaving feedback). This is due to the fact that client and freelancer understand the unique nature of each job and have the best frame of reference to choose appropriate feedback milestones.

- Minimal inconvenience to the client (e.g. not having to close and reopen a contract). 1-click feedback and the contract still continues on the same terms. My long term clients are satisfied with my work. I'm confident if we were to close the contract they'd leave me great feedback. I'd love to capture their satisfaction without asking them to close the contract.

- Timeframe and/or earning limitations (e.g. at least 2 months must have passed since the last interim feedback left by client or at least $50 must have been earned since last interim feedback). This would keep it from being used excessively and maintain a level playing field.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1668 of 1,696

Regina R wrote:

Hi, everyone!

Is there a way to make suggestions to Upwork regarding new features? I think it would allow for a more accurate reflection of job success to give the freelancer the option to request feedback from long term clients without closing the contract.

This would remove the penalty to a freelancer for maintaining long term contracts. I know there is a "long term client" statistic available that is factored into the JSS, but this doesn't completely capture client satisfaction and make it publicly available. For example, on Google, Yelp, other review platforms, I can be a current client of a business and am still able to leave them feedback.

It would be awesome to have a feature allowing a certain timeframe of the contract to be closed and rated so that the JSS better reflects overall client satisfaction, not just on closed contracts.

Some key capabilities of this feature would be as follows:

- Allowing it to be at the freelancer and client's discretion without prompting from Upwork (much like closing a contract and leaving feedback). This is due to the fact that client and freelancer understand the unique nature of each job and have the best frame of reference to choose appropriate feedback milestones.

- Minimal inconvenience to the client (e.g. not having to close and reopen a contract). 1-click feedback and the contract still continues on the same terms. My long term clients are satisfied with my work. I'm confident if we were to close the contract they'd leave me great feedback. I'd love to capture their satisfaction without asking them to close the contract.

- Timeframe and/or earning limitations (e.g. at least 2 months must have passed since the last interim feedback left by client or at least $50 must have been earned since last interim feedback). This would keep it from being used excessively and maintain a level playing field.

Wouldn't it just be easier for freelancers who want a review to occasionally ask their clients to close out the old contract and open a new one? It really becomes a non-issue once you have some experience on the platform. If your long-term client is keeping you busy enough that you don't need other work, your JSS doesn't matter. And, if the client isn't keeping you busy, then you can get reviews from your other clients. 

Ferenc K Member Since: Dec 4, 2018
1669 of 1,696

Dear Upwork Support team!

Now I am very upset about the JSS.

2 weeks ago, I got JSS 80%.

Really I did my best to increase the JSS more than 90%. So I finished more than 6 projects for 2000$+.

Today I found my JSS was not upgraded. still 80%.

What happened?

Please check my account status and let me know immediately.

I am very serious now.

Please help me.

I look forward to hearing good news from you promptly.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Warmest Regards.

From **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
1670 of 1,696

check your profile page - my JSS is always updated there before the stats page
also - JSS is updated on Sunday, but it takes hours to appear on the stats page - so check the profile page instead ;-)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS