cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My JSS droped from 97 to 93 while I didn't complete any contracts in the last 14 days.

Lian Jenica D Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
2351 of 2,871

Hi there,

Last March I receive a not so good feedback from a client, got 3 stars. So I know its the reason why my JSS dropped to 88% and I have lost my top-rated status. I am okay with that. What I am worried about is it went up to 92% after a couple of weeks but my eligible weeks to become top-rated never changed from 10 out of 16. Is it still possible to earn a top-rated badge or I need to find more jobs in order for that to change? It's actually impossible for the meantime since I am fully dedicated to my current client and I even got a raise. I am not seeing this fair, there are freelancers who have no or bad feedback but is still on 100%. I have been consistently earning from this platform for almost 3 years now. And having this issue is not really helping my profile at all. 1 miscommunication with a client and now this. Really hoping that this will be addressed or at least give me some clarity why my account is stuck.

Best,

Lian

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2352 of 2,871

Hi Lian Jenica and Carlos Eduardo,

Job Success Score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months window. When contracts are pushed out of this windows your JSS will be calculated on the contracts that are in these time frames. If the changes were not reflected on the previous calculation, it is most likely going to be reflected on the next one. Thanks.

-Joanne
Untitled
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2353 of 2,871

Lian Jenica D wrote:

Hi there,

Last March I receive a not so good feedback from a client, got 3 stars. So I know its the reason why my JSS dropped to 88% and I have lost my top-rated status. I am okay with that. What I am worried about is it went up to 92% after a couple of weeks but my eligible weeks to become top-rated never changed from 10 out of 16. Is it still possible to earn a top-rated badge or I need to find more jobs in order for that to change? It's actually impossible for the meantime since I am fully dedicated to my current client and I even got a raise. I am not seeing this fair, there are freelancers who have no or bad feedback but is still on 100%. I have been consistently earning from this platform for almost 3 years now. And having this issue is not really helping my profile at all. 1 miscommunication with a client and now this. Really hoping that this will be addressed or at least give me some clarity why my account is stuck.

Best,

Lian

So, if you get a bad review and your JSS drops, that is "unfair"? What is unfair about it? 

Carlos Eduardo D Member Since: Feb 13, 2018
2354 of 2,871

So, I'm currently working for a single client for a while on Upwork but my JSS just keeps getting higher. It's been like 3 months since I was received feedback from a finished job.

Does simply getting paid continuously increases my JSS? Is there a window of time in which my previous closed jobs will stop counting and my JSS will drop, or am I safe?

Now a tricky one: if I end up getting a bad review from this client I'm currently working for, and decide to ask to remove it, am I gonna lose some points (considering my score is rising just because I'm delivering work for him) or it will just stay like it is? Also, asking for feedback removal will cause my displayed "total earnings" to decrease (and also my 12-month earns - this is crucial for me to maintain top-rated since I don't use Upwork that much)?

Sorry for sounding confusing, ADHD meds wore off and I'm barely able to speak my first language unmedicated. 

Ayah A Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
2355 of 2,871

Hello,

I have got 2 jobs with 5 stars and good feedback and my JSS is stell the same!!

please fix it

Olawale A Member Since: Oct 12, 2018
2356 of 2,871
At first, you can not be too sure if the jobs you ended really resulted in a good private feedback unless you feel what you did should earn you that and secondly, it can take a single job to drop you by up to 4% all depending on your total jobs but will take many jobs to rise back as all will be addition and division and it takes more jobs to rise than to fall but most importantly, just focus on providing a Top notch service to your clients and stop looking at your job success score and with time, you'll rise back when you are least expecting it. I dropped to 84% last year December by 2 bad job and today, I'm back at 100% simply because I stopped looking at the job success score after doing so for months and nothing happens but instead, always aim at doing my best for my clients and only take jobs i'm very sure of satisfying my client 101%
Ayah A Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
2357 of 2,871
Thanks for replying, I?m confused because I have got one 4 stars and it dropped me to 87%
I?m looking for to be top rated and I tried all my best to satisfy my clients. But I feel that my JSS is not even moving 1%.
Please help if u can.
Highlighted
Ahmed H Member Since: Dec 7, 2017
2358 of 2,871

My JSS droped from 97 to 93 while I didn't complete any contracts in the last 14 days.

Olawale A Member Since: Oct 12, 2018
2359 of 2,871
That was as a result of a good job dropping out of your calculation/your current best jss window
Muhammad Z Member Since: Jan 22, 2018
2360 of 2,871
Before 2 weeks , My job success score was suddenly dropped without any feedback. That time I was working on 4 projects. Recently I have completed 4 project's successfully with received good feedbacks and i earn $1000 plus. But unfortunately my job success score dropped again. I don't understand why my score going down. Any one let me know that what is the reason and how I can increase my score.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS