cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost RT Status and JSS Dropped...what gives?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
2411 of 4,112

You got a bad review from a recent client and your JSS is at 65% so some of your other clients must not have given good private reviews. But maybe the one really bad review is what took you down.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Perry P Member Since: May 3, 2019
2412 of 4,112

Joan, can you point out the bad review? I just looked at all of my reviews for both profiles and all I see are positive comments...???

Thank you so much!

~Perry 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2413 of 4,112

Perry P wrote:

Joan, can you point out the bad review? I just looked at all of my reviews for both profiles and all I see are positive comments...???

Thank you so much!

~Perry 

If only star ratings mattered, then there would be no need for a JSS. Read the Upwork statements regarding how JSS is calculated, then ask relevant questions. Expecting your JSS to match your star rating is not going to make it so. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2414 of 4,112

Perry P wrote:

Other than the poor feedback, are there any contracts that ended with nothing ever paid (cancelled or fully refunded) or open for 2-3+ months with nothing ever paid?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2415 of 4,112

Perry P wrote:

Hello all,

I've been working here since late April, with a solid 5-star review history. Great feedback from clients, etc. I was very exceited to recieve the RT badge in June, with a 100% JSS. Recently (this week) as I've been applying for new contracts, I've noticed that I'm getting the dreaded "red exclamation point" next to both the Rising Talent and 80% JSS ratings.

I've recieved no negative reviews, or any ratings below 5-Stars.

Any ideas as to how this happens, and how I resolve it?

Thanks all!

~Chef Perry 

The private feedback (client that would recommend you) has a lot more weight than the public feedback, and with few contracts, each one has a large impact. The only way to recover is more contracts and great private feedback. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2416 of 4,112
Your last client gave you 3.75 feedback. If you were formerly top rated, you could remove it, but that’s not a RT privilege. So good luck with upcoming assignments. You might also want to remove your website link or else renew the domain registration, and correct this profile typo: “I guarantee my work. If YOUR don't love it, don't pay.“ In fact, you might remove that last sentence; it will tempt clients to say they don’t love it so they don’t have to pay.
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
2417 of 4,112

What everyone else said, plus: there's another pretty glaring typo in your profile, which I'll not add insult to injury by flagging. I'm sure you can find it.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Perry P Member Since: May 3, 2019
2418 of 4,112

So...

8 "5-Star" reviews + 1 "3.75-Star" review, give me a review average of 4.86... that's an A in anybody's book, lol. Seems harsh to lose my badge over that, especially given the glowing comments from my clients.... 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2419 of 4,112

Perry P wrote:

So...

8 "5-Star" reviews + 1 "3.75-Star" review, give me a review average of 4.86... that's an A in anybody's book, lol. Seems harsh to lose my badge over that, especially given the glowing comments from my clients.... 

But, as several others have mentioned, private feedback counts much more. Chances are good that the 3.75 star client gave you a very low "would recommend" rating. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
2420 of 4,112

@chefperryp wrote:

So...

8 6 "5-Star" reviews + 1 "3.75-Star" review, give me a review average of 4.86... that's an A in anybody's book, lol. Seems harsh to lose my badge over that, especially given the glowing comments from my clients.... 

My guess is there could be a project that didn't end well and was fully refunded. Just a wild guess.

It takes more than 1 bad contract for a JSS to sink to as low as what you have right now.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS