🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: JSS
Page options
farazsarwar300
Community Member

JSS

Hi
Well, I was worried about my JSS. My previous JSS was reduced to 5%. And now it became 92% even I done a job that is completed successfully. I am sure it was not affected by clients feedback as I got good feedback. Then why it is reducing day by day?

10 REPLIES 10
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Your client very likely gave you negative private feedback.

That is strange. Why they didn't give you bad public feedback if they didn't like your work.

Do not wish that.

Then nobody would like to hire you again 😛 haha

ambroz
Community Member

Also You have to be honest to yourself when you are analyzing your JSS. 😛

You wrote that you finished a project and got 5 stars, but you forgot to mention (!!!), that you have 2 projects from the last 3 months without the review. Also is possible that in last 2 weeks any of your 5-star reviews which keep your JSS high felt out of 6-,12-,24- months window, and it results in a little lower JSS.

But you do not need to worry about anything. 92% JSS is still excellent.

Good luck 🙂

Yes, I have two projects without feedback because their clients didn't respond. Suddenly they were offline and never respond to me. I contact customer support and discuss the issue. They also contact them and didn't get a response. Not once but 3 to 4 time I contact the customer care and then I ended contract according to customer care representative instructions. 

Thanks. I know that is still an excellent score. But my concern is, what is causing to decrease in JSS continuously.

Faraz S wrote:

Yes, I have two projects without feedback because their clients didn't respond. Suddenly they were offline and never respond to me. I contact customer support and discuss the issue. They also contact them and didn't get a response. Not once but 3 to 4 time I contact the customer care

What did you do that for? Jeez! Wasting support time to then have them harass the clients? Unbelievable. You are really lucky the clients did NOT leave feedback and mark you down for haunting them...

Idle contracts, provided money was paid and you don't have huge numbers of those, do not hurt your JSS and have no impact on anything whatsoever at all. There is no need to harass clients or keep contacting support.

The exact same applies to contracts without feedback.

Professional freelancers ask clients to end the contract once. If clients go missing, professionals simply end the contract themselves.

How you know that I harras them. I messaged them after the periodic time(like 2 months and after 3 months).  I wait for 8 months then I contact 3 to 4 time to the customer support of what should I do know. Don't pass judgements too quick when you don't know the whole scenario.

ambroz
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Faraz S wrote:

Yes, I have two projects without feedback because their clients didn't respond. Suddenly they were offline and never respond to me. I contact customer support and discuss the issue. They also contact them and didn't get a response. Not once but 3 to 4 time I contact the customer care

What did you do that for? Jeez! Wasting support time to then have them harass the clients? Unbelievable. You are really lucky the clients did NOT leave feedback and mark you down for haunting them...

Idle contracts, provided money was paid and you don't have huge numbers of those, do not hurt your JSS and have no impact on anything whatsoever at all. There is no need to harass clients or keep contacting support.

Professional freelancers ask clients to end the contract once. If clients go missing, professionals simply end the contract themselves.

But if freelancers end the contract, then it negatively impact on their JSS because those contracts are without feedbacks .... If I understand right, have to do that tactically .. slowly when they have enough of "good feedbacks"

petra_r
Community Member

Ambrož B wrote:

But if freelancers end the contract, then it negatively impact on their JSS because those contracts are without feedbacks

No, it does not.

As long as money has been paid under the contract at any point, and the freelancer does not have a crazy high percentage of "no feedback contracts" (I can show you one with 100% JSS and 85% No Feedback contracts) it has absolutely no effect whatsoever at all.

florydev
Community Member

Ambrož B wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Faraz S wrote:

But if freelancers end the contract, then it negatively impact on their JSS because those contracts are without feedbacks .... If I understand right, have to do that tactically .. slowly when they have enough of "good feedbacks"

No, ending the contract has nothing to with it.  By ending the client you are forced to provide feedback, instead of the client.  I can think of situations were it might be good for you to close a project and the client NOT provide feedback, can you?

Go here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006097327

Read this point: How do contracts with no earnings or feedback affect my score?

Contracts with no client feedback, including ones you ended or left open and inactive, do not affect your score unless you have excessive contracts with no feedback.

Contracts with a history of earnings but no feedback, whether closed or not, are mostly excluded from your JSS. However, if you have many contracts where no feedback has been given, it can impact your score (a little) negatively because it indicates some of your clients were dissatisfied.

The reason why you might want to do is SLOWLY is covered here:

Will closing idle or inactive contracts hurt my score?

Please keep in mind that when you, as a freelancer, close a contract it will be immediately considered in your JSS during the next update. When you leave a contract open and inactive, the impact to your score takes longer to appear (typically a few months). In both cases, the impact may be the same, but the timing is different.

Reading between the lines and, bear in mind, I am not the authority others are (cough...Petra...cough) since we don't know what impact an inactive job ALREADY has and we don't know what Upwork's definition of excessive is, it is better to pick one off, see wait for a JSS calculation or two and then do another if you are still feeling good about it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members