cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS is too low

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2401 of 2,738

Hi Igor,

Job Success Score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more details about your Job success score and why it has changed check out this Help Article. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2402 of 2,738

Igor S wrote:

Hi, I'm not worked on Upwork 14 months. My job success was 90-95% always. A month ago it was 75%, 2 weeks ago it was 60%, today is 50%.
What is happened, is it joke? Upwork support please explain this!
I just changed my portfolio, upgrade membership and write some bids.

If you haven't worked on Upwork for 14 months, you no longer have enough outcomes in your 6 months and 12-month windows to calculate a JSS, so everything in the 2-year window counts. As time went on, positive outcomes kept falling out of your 2-year window, which then left less positive outcomes weighing more and more heavily every time a good outcome fell out.

Muhammad H Member Since: May 5, 2019
2403 of 2,738

Hello
I am a new freelancer on upwork, recently I completed 5 jobs with full 5 star review, 2 days ago I received my first JSS which is 50%, I want to know how is that possible? how my JSS be calculated? Please help

Community Guru
2404 of 2,738

Muhammad H wrote:

Hello
I am a new freelancer on upwork, recently I completed 5 jobs with full 5 star review, 2 days ago I received my first JSS which is 50%, I want to know how is that possible? how my JSS be calculated? Please help

Poor private feedback. Take a close look at your "Clients who would recommend" percentage on your "My Stats" page.

2405 of 2,738

How can I increase "Clients who would recommend" percentage ??

2406 of 2,738

I also contacted with my clients, and they said they enter full score in this question 
"if you would recommend this freelancer" Scaling from 1 to 10.
So how my recommendation score is too low? Please make me understand this.

Highlighted
Community Guru
2407 of 2,738

Muhammad H wrote:

I also contacted with my clients,

Don't do that. It's called "private" feedback for a reason. Contacting clients to ask what private feedback they left is breathtakingly unprofessional. If a freelancer did that to me I would report them.

Muhammad H wrote:

So how my recommendation score is too low? Please make me understand this.

40% private feedback is indeed very low, so clearly (some of) your clients were leaving very low private feedback ratings.

Volodymyr M Member Since: Feb 23, 2019
2408 of 2,738

This is not a question of professionalism, it is a question of the operation of the Upwork system.

If no one can tell me why my rating does not change after positive reviews, I can logically assume that the Upwork system works with errors. Why should I even work here?

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2409 of 2,738

Volodymyr M wrote:

This is not a question of professionalism, it is a question of the operation of the Upwork system.

If no one can tell me why my rating does not change after positive reviews, I can logically assume that the Upwork system works with errors. Why should I even work here?

Perhaps your logical reasoning skills are flawed.

There is no need for you to use Upwork as a lead generation platform. You are a freelancer, you may use whatever tools you wish to operate your business. 

Volodymyr M Member Since: Feb 23, 2019
2410 of 2,738

I also wrote letters to my clients, asked to write to me my hidden ratings, and I'm sure they did a positive feedback.
Also, to my question about why the rating has not changed since the last closed contract, no one from Upwork answers me.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS