cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 5 completed works with positive feedback and JSS 61%, how is this possible?

Volodymyr M Member Since: Feb 23, 2019
2411 of 2,724

From the beginning of my work at Upwork, I had 4 clients and I completed 5 works, one woman ordered me to process the video again.
All clients were very pleased with the result and said they would contact me again.
Here are their feedback:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

But when Upwork showed my JSS, the number put me in a stupor - 61%.
Technical support says that out of 5 works, 3 times I was left with a negative hidden feedback.

The strange thing is that the 61% rating appeared on August 4 when I did have one contract not closed. On August 15, I asked the client to close the contract and she left me a positive feedback. But on August 18, when the rating was updated, it remained the same 61%. How is this possible?

How is it possible for clients who wrote to me in private dialogue that they are very satisfied with my work and that the work was actually done without delay and of high quality. But left negative hidden feedbacks?

Look at our dialogues, do you really think that after that people could put a negative mark behind me? Why would they do this?

After my rating fell and I lost Rising Talent status, I can’t find a job. I wrote over 100 proposals, I studied each request and wrote very detailed proposals, but more often they are not even read.

I believe that if a client puts a positive public review and a negative hidden one, then the Upwork moderator should deal with this issue. I performed the work efficiently and can show the result. If, for some reason, after that the client decided to put a negative review, then he must somehow justify it. I should not suffer the fantasies or mistakes of customers.

Technical support all the time says that they do not know hidden ratings, and I believe that the Upwork system calculate my rating incorrectly.

If Upwork does not change anything in this situation, I will look for other services for freelancers. Upwork is a waste of time.

Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
2412 of 2,724

Volodymyr M wrote:

From the beginning of my work at Upwork, I had 4 clients and I completed 5 works, one woman ordered me to process the video again.
All clients were very pleased with the result and said they would contact me again.
Here are their feedback:

But when Upwork showed my JSS, the number put me in a stupor - 61%.
Technical support says that out of 5 works, 3 times I was left with a negative hidden feedback.

The strange thing is that the 61% rating appeared on August 4 when I did have one contract not closed. On August 15, I asked the client to close the contract and she left me a positive feedback. But on August 18, when the rating was updated, it remained the same 61%. How is this possible?

How is it possible for clients who wrote to me in private dialogue that they are very satisfied with my work and that the work was actually done without delay and of high quality. But left negative hidden feedbacks?

Look at our dialogues, do you really think that after that people could put a negative mark behind me? Why would they do this?

After my rating fell and I lost Rising Talent status, I can’t find a job. I wrote over 100 proposals, I studied each request and wrote very detailed proposals, but more often they are not even read.

I believe that if a client puts a positive public review and a negative hidden one, then the Upwork moderator should deal with this issue. I performed the work efficiently and can show the result. If, for some reason, after that the client decided to put a negative review, then he must somehow justify it. I should not suffer the fantasies or mistakes of customers.

Technical support all the time says that they do not know hidden ratings, and I believe that the Upwork system calculate my rating incorrectly.

If Upwork does not change anything in this situation, I will look for other services for freelancers. Upwork is a waste of time.

Why (and to whom) are you threatening?

Reading your surmise, was able to emphatise. Up to penultimate sentence.

Leave if unhappy?

2413 of 2,724

I ask, how is it possible that with positive reviews I get such a low rating? You deleted a part of my message and it loses its meaning. Do you want others not to know how things are at Upwork? Your service does not work well; instead, you delete my text. This is very bad.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2414 of 2,724

Hi Volodymyr,

Just to confirm that parts of your post were edited because they are in violation of our Community Guidelines. Please keep in mind that posting private details publicly in our Community is not allowed.

I`ve also checked your tickets and JSS and can confirm that everything is working as designed. To learn more details about your Job success score and why it has changed check out this Help Article. Thank you.

Untitled
2415 of 2,724

You just delete my public feedbacks everyone can read it on my profile. What you are talking about?

And you want to say, that it will take you 1 munute to check Uprorks error an write feedback to me? I am not sure. If it is true - your system is stupid.

Naveen Kumar D Member Since: Sep 28, 2018
2416 of 2,724

Why my Job Success Rate is 75% in spite I have got good reviews from all my client.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2417 of 2,724

Naveen Kumar D wrote:

Why my Job Success Rate is 75% in spite I have got good reviews from all my client.

Public feedback (stars and text) are largely irrelevant.

Private feedback is what counts. Take a look at your My Stats page and the "clients who would recommend you" percentage.

That tells you how those clients who left feedback really thought about their experience working with you.

Rashid M Member Since: Dec 25, 2017
2418 of 2,724

i have 83% JSS , but still not getting any work for last 3 to 4 weeks , what would be the cause ?i also submitted more than 150 proposals , and hence spent a lot of money as well.Please any help will be highly appriciated .

Regards 

Rashid Mehmood Warsi

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2419 of 2,724

Rashid M wrote:

i have 83% JSS , but still not getting any work for last 3 to 4 weeks , what would be the cause ?i also submitted more than 150 proposals , and hence spent a lot of money as well.Please any help will be highly appriciated .

Regards 

Rashid Mehmood Warsi

If you have submitted 150 proposals in 3-4 weeks, the chances are near 100% that you are bidding far too indiscriminately. Slow down and focus only on the jobs you are clearly among the best qualified candidates for. It will save you a lot of money on connects and your hire rates will likely improve significantly.

Immanuel W Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
2420 of 2,724

Hello everyone.

I have some questions about my job success score.

Here are some questions about JSS:

- Ratio for each factors which affect to JSS such as private/public feedback.

- Formular which is used for calculating JSS.

- Is feedback rating is important for JSS?

- Does "good comment" increases JSS?

Although I read about jss in help guide and some blogs about it, I have some unclear things.

Also I wish you see my past activities in upwork and please tell me in details.

Thanks for reading.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS