Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS is too low

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2401 of 2,706

Igor S wrote:

Hi, I'm not worked on Upwork 14 months. My job success was 90-95% always. A month ago it was 75%, 2 weeks ago it was 60%, today is 50%.
What is happened, is it joke? Upwork support please explain this!
I just changed my portfolio, upgrade membership and write some bids.

If you haven't worked on Upwork for 14 months, you no longer have enough outcomes in your 6 months and 12-month windows to calculate a JSS, so everything in the 2-year window counts. As time went on, positive outcomes kept falling out of your 2-year window, which then left less positive outcomes weighing more and more heavily every time a good outcome fell out.

Muhammad H Member Since: May 5, 2019
2402 of 2,706

Hello
I am a new freelancer on upwork, recently I completed 5 jobs with full 5 star review, 2 days ago I received my first JSS which is 50%, I want to know how is that possible? how my JSS be calculated? Please help

Community Guru
2403 of 2,706

Muhammad H wrote:

Hello
I am a new freelancer on upwork, recently I completed 5 jobs with full 5 star review, 2 days ago I received my first JSS which is 50%, I want to know how is that possible? how my JSS be calculated? Please help

Poor private feedback. Take a close look at your "Clients who would recommend" percentage on your "My Stats" page.

2404 of 2,706

How can I increase "Clients who would recommend" percentage ??

2405 of 2,706

I also contacted with my clients, and they said they enter full score in this question 
"if you would recommend this freelancer" Scaling from 1 to 10.
So how my recommendation score is too low? Please make me understand this.

Community Guru
2406 of 2,706

Muhammad H wrote:

I also contacted with my clients,

Don't do that. It's called "private" feedback for a reason. Contacting clients to ask what private feedback they left is breathtakingly unprofessional. If a freelancer did that to me I would report them.

Muhammad H wrote:

So how my recommendation score is too low? Please make me understand this.

40% private feedback is indeed very low, so clearly (some of) your clients were leaving very low private feedback ratings.

Volodymyr M Member Since: Feb 23, 2019
2407 of 2,706

This is not a question of professionalism, it is a question of the operation of the Upwork system.

If no one can tell me why my rating does not change after positive reviews, I can logically assume that the Upwork system works with errors. Why should I even work here?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2408 of 2,706

Volodymyr M wrote:

This is not a question of professionalism, it is a question of the operation of the Upwork system.

If no one can tell me why my rating does not change after positive reviews, I can logically assume that the Upwork system works with errors. Why should I even work here?

Perhaps your logical reasoning skills are flawed.

There is no need for you to use Upwork as a lead generation platform. You are a freelancer, you may use whatever tools you wish to operate your business. 

2409 of 2,706

I also wrote letters to my clients, asked to write to me my hidden ratings, and I'm sure they did a positive feedback.
Also, to my question about why the rating has not changed since the last closed contract, no one from Upwork answers me.

2410 of 2,706

From the beginning of my work at Upwork, I had 4 clients and I completed 5 works, one woman ordered me to process the video again.
All clients were very pleased with the result and said they would contact me again.
Here are their feedback:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

But when Upwork showed my JSS, the number put me in a stupor - 61%.
Technical support says that out of 5 works, 3 times I was left with a negative hidden feedback.

The strange thing is that the 61% rating appeared on August 4 when I did have one contract not closed. On August 15, I asked the client to close the contract and she left me a positive feedback. But on August 18, when the rating was updated, it remained the same 61%. How is this possible?

How is it possible for clients who wrote to me in private dialogue that they are very satisfied with my work and that the work was actually done without delay and of high quality. But left negative hidden feedbacks?

Look at our dialogues, do you really think that after that people could put a negative mark behind me? Why would they do this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

After my rating fell and I lost Rising Talent status, I can’t find a job. I wrote over 100 proposals, I studied each request and wrote very detailed proposals, but more often they are not even read.

I believe that if a client puts a positive public review and a negative hidden one, then the Upwork moderator should deal with this issue. I performed the work efficiently and can show the result. If, for some reason, after that the client decided to put a negative review, then he must somehow justify it. I should not suffer the fantasies or mistakes of customers.

Technical support all the time says that they do not know hidden ratings, and I believe that the Upwork system calculate my rating incorrectly.

If Upwork does not change anything in this situation, I will look for other services for freelancers. Upwork is a waste of time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS