cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rating went from 100% to 95%

Ace Contributor
Nida R Member Since: Apr 8, 2019
2551 of 3,031

You are absolutely right Goktug.. I agree with you, clients should not do so, upwork should see this matter carefully because it's a matter of the reputation of freelancers here... They don't know their personal grudge about anything can hurt the freelancer badly... Upwork should do something for the freelancers too...

Scott S Member Since: Feb 18, 2019
2552 of 3,031

Just checked my JSS and see that it has fallen from 100% to 94%. Looked at the Upwork reasons for a JSS falling and one stands out to me.

Jobs with no earnings or no feedback become counted in your score, either because they were closed or because several months have passed since you received a payment.

I recently had two clients that selected me, then quickly changed their minds before I did any work for them, no money changed hands. This is not my fault but it looks like I got penalized for this. How do I get my JSS changed back to 100% through Upwork and how do I protect myself in the future from this?

Scott

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2553 of 3,031

Scott S wrote:

Just checked my JSS and see that it has fallen from 100% to 94%. Looked at the Upwork reasons for a JSS falling and one stands out to me.

Jobs with no earnings or no feedback become counted in your score, either because they were closed or because several months have passed since you received a payment.

I recently had two clients that selected me, then quickly changed their minds before I did any work for them, no money changed hands. This is not my fault but it looks like I got penalized for this. How do I get my JSS changed back to 100% through Upwork and how do I protect myself in the future from this?

Scott

Don't click that accept button before you have everything you need to start working.

Grigor V Member Since: Jun 29, 2019
2554 of 3,031

Hello everyone!!! I'm wondering what affects freelancers JSS negatively except bad remarks and feedbacks and is there any other method to rise up the JSS? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2555 of 3,031

Grigor V wrote:

Hello everyone!!! I'm wondering what affects freelancers JSS negatively except bad remarks and feedbacks and is there any other method to rise up the JSS? 

Negative:

Poor private feedback

Contracts that close with nothing ever having been paid

Contracts that are open for 2-3 months with nothing ever having been paid

Contracts that are fully refunded (creating a contract where nothing hasnever been paid)

Positive:

Great private feedback

Long term (3 months plus with regular payments) and repeat clients

Ace Contributor
Marilyn M Member Since: Apr 20, 2019
2556 of 3,031

Hi nice experts.

I just noticed my rating went from 100% to 95% but am clueless as to why. I have perfect scores of 5 stars, and always answer any invitations or interviews super quickly. I am relatively new at the top producer things, and just need ideas why the lower percentage when I thought I was doing well. Yeah, I know 95% is still good, still, want to know why. Can someone look at my profile and let me know please?

Thank you.

Marilyn M.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2557 of 3,031

Your profile is private - do a search on these forums and you'll thousands of threeads asking the same question, to which a definitive answer can be hard to come by. This may help:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006097327-Job-Success-Score-Changed

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ambrož B Member Since: Aug 7, 2019
2558 of 3,031

Probably you've got a bad private feedback.

You have a lot of small projects, so it does not impacted a lot.

Try to do your best and JSS will incrase again Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
2559 of 3,031

Ambrož B wrote:

Probably you've got a bad private feedback.

You have a lot of small projects, so it does not impacted a lot.

Try to do your best and JSS will incrase again Smiley Happy 

Try to?

Nope. DO your best.

Working, having lunch with your annoying relatives or just dishwashing... Do your best; in most cases it's not that hard.

Agree about probability of a bad private feedback.

Ace Contributor
Marilyn M Member Since: Apr 20, 2019
2560 of 3,031

Thank you, but I see every single feedback 5 stars and great comments. Not a single bad feedback.

Thank you,

Marilyn

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS