cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS

Ace Contributor
Jonathan R Member Since: Mar 6, 2018
21 of 3,256
Never opened a duplicate account. I have one for hiring freelancers as i still have active project with a freelancer.

I dont appreciate the assumption being made before you know all the details.
Ace Contributor
Jonathan R Member Since: Mar 6, 2018
22 of 3,256

Emma,

Same experance here.  Its funny to cause there current clients now.  2 years later I doing work for them.  

Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
23 of 3,256

"Emma,

Same experance here.  Its funny to cause there current clients now.  2 years later I doing work for them."

TEXTBOOK example of what I have been talking about.  Ignorant "Guru" responds to Jonathan as if he is a new freelancer and has no history.  Doesn't account for the fact that his contracts could be open longer than JSS calculation window and that the system penalzies him for this.  Nope, just attacks the freelancers wthout aknowledging potential real flaws with JSS.  Like amost every "Guru" except for Will.  This system needs to be fixed, and fixed now, period.  The responses from Gurus and moderators are often disrespectful and insulting.  It's time to acknlowedge that there are many freelancers who don't use the system the same way most freelancers do and that the system penalizes them for this, and not poor job performance.  After you admit this, FIX IT!  Peoplestarted and still have contracts that are open and started before JSS was introduced and JSS kills their score because of this since they don't have a bunch of new contracts to offset.  This is just not the way to run a rting system!!!  

Highlighted
Laura P Member Since: Aug 19, 2017
24 of 3,256

I have several clients who went completely silent after I delivered the job. My job score keeps dropping and most of my reviews are 5 stars! I recently just accepted a new client and my score now went down again.

please, can you guys explain to me what's going on - I am having trouble understanding how this is calculated.

Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
25 of 3,256

Laura P wrote:

I have several clients who went completely silent after I delivered the job. My job score keeps dropping and most of my reviews are 5 stars! I recently just accepted a new client and my score now went down again.

What's going on is Upwork doesn't care enough about its freelancers to actually listen to them and modify some of these changes that keep negatively impacting freelancers

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
26 of 3,256

So OP is inviting clients to leave Upwork and take their work off the platform? Isn't that a violation of the TOS? 

Emma C Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
27 of 3,256
I am active on three platforms and I have not invited clients but I do let others know I am available privately and on other sites. It’s easy for people to find me if they want to. That’s not a violation at all!
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
28 of 3,256

@Emma C wrote:
I am active on three platforms and I have not invited clients but I do let others know I am available privately and on other sites. It’s easy for people to find me if they want to. That’s not a violation at all!

If those clients first connected with you on Upwork and it is less than 2 years ago: Yes it is....

Emma C Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
29 of 3,256
It really isn’t.
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
30 of 3,256

Hi Emma,

Just to confirm that taking clients outside of Upwork before 2 years it is a violation on our ToS.
Meaning if your pointing them to other platforms that your active on, our team will review everything further.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS