cobo-pablo
Pablo C Member Since: Dec 6, 2018
2961 of 5,754
Any other suggestions?
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2962 of 5,754

Hi Pablo, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this freelancer. As a general tip, if a client doesn't get back to you for sometime, after reaching out to them, you can close one or two contracts every two weeks, while completing new contracts to help avoid creating a pattern of contracts without feedback. 

You can refer to this help article for more information how contracts without feedback, and/or contracts without earnings affect your Job Success Score. Please also know that we track freelancer feedback of clients and flag those clients with a history of poor collaboration. If one of your clients has been flagged (or has been suspended for Terms of Service violations), then the client's feedback will not count against your score.

~ Avery
Upwork
cobo-pablo
2963 of 5,754

I simply do not understand this scoring system.

Is not the fault of the freelancer if the client does not respond and as a freelancer you are being penalised anyway.

Any logical explanation to this?

Thank you.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2964 of 5,754

Pablo, 

If you are awarded a contract but no work materializes in the first days or weeks, we suggest talking to the client about the project and why it isn't moving forward. If the contract won't move forward, closing it as soon as possible or asking the client to do so and leave feedback will minimize the negative impact on your score. When client feedback is received, even without earnings, it will be factored into your JSS.

Also, your client's record of feedback is taken into consideration when weighing their interactions in your score. We know that not every contract will end perfectly, and your JSS won't be ruined by just one or two negative contract outcomes. Consider working on smaller fixed-price contracts to improve your client satisfaction over time which will hopefully counter any negative effect on your score. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cobo-pablo
2965 of 5,754

That is exactly what I did but the client did not even reply.

So why this should affect me if the client is not even existing is what I do not understand.

taz1004
Ace Contributor
Brian C Member Since: Oct 27, 2019
2966 of 5,754

Pablo, You are wasting your time.  Moderator responses are just copy and paste.

You did absolutely nothing wrong and instead of resolving your rating, they tell you this as solution.

"Consider working on smaller fixed-price contracts to improve your client satisfaction over time which will hopefully counter any negative effect on your score. "

That's not solution.  That's called punishment where I come from.

cobo-pablo
2967 of 5,754

I agree with you Brian

It is extremely unfair.

Thank you for your support by the way.

I would like to speak to you personally about your issue through Skype.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Feel free to contact me

Just if you feel like it of course.

taz1004
Ace Contributor
Brian C Member Since: Oct 27, 2019
2968 of 5,754

"Consider working on smaller fixed-price contracts to improve your client satisfaction over time which will hopefully counter any negative effect on your score."

Come to think of it, isn't this an exploit?  If I do bunch of small scrap work just to improve my score?

Where can I leave private feedback on you Avery O?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2969 of 5,754

Brian C wrote:

"Consider working on smaller fixed-price contracts to improve your client satisfaction over time which will hopefully counter any negative effect on your score."

Come to think of it, isn't this an exploit?  If I do bunch of small scrap work just to improve my score?

Where can I leave private feedback on you Avery O?

"Smaller" does not mean "cheap" - and stop picking on Avery, who is an Upwork employee so can't defend herself against your rudeness.

You declared that you don't use Upwork anymore. So why don't you do just that and be done with it.

You're not interested in any solutions, so what is the point of running around the forum wailing?

ahmad2474
Ace Contributor
Ahmad H Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
2970 of 5,754

How many Jobs are required to get a JSS ?

I have done 4 Jobs but can't get a JSS.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS