cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I quit as an Upwork Freelancer because of Job Success Score!

Lisa M Member Since: Nov 24, 2019
3111 of 5,754

Hi Amanda,

Just not seeing how I will get any new contracts with such a low JSS. 

Lisa

Highlighted
Shuvankar D Member Since: Oct 24, 2019
3112 of 5,754

A few days ago a client declined milestone and ended the contract immediately without any discussion. Also, requested for escrow fund removal. As there was no mistake from my side I issued a dispute. On 23rd Nov I got this message on dispute center-
"Upwork has reviewed this request and will be issuing a refund of Escrow $** to the client as well as a courtesy credit for the escrow amount (less Upwork fees) to you, the freelancer, in order to end the job and part ways. The courtesy credit will be applied to your account within 5 business days. The contract and dispute are closed."

And today my job success percentage dropped to 96% from 100%. Is there anything I can do to maintain 100% success rate?

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3113 of 5,754

I don't see the contract listed in your Work History, maybe because you haven't received the courtesy credit yet. But you're top rated, so if you want to, you could remove the feedback for this contract, and that might restore 100% JSS, if that's so important to you, but you might have to wait until the feedback is visible in your Work History.

Gulam F Member Since: Aug 4, 2019
3114 of 5,754
I have a job in progress for three months when it will positively affect my job success score? Mean after how many months or days it affects, waiting for ans
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Victor P Member Since: Jul 24, 2017
3115 of 5,754

Gulam F wrote:
I have a job in progress for three months when it will positively affect my job success score? Mean after how many months or days it affects, waiting for ans

After successful completion of the contract with a positive feedback (both public and private) from a client. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3116 of 5,754

Gulam F wrote:
I have a job in progress for three months when it will positively affect my job success score?

After 3 months with regular payments.

Highlighted
3117 of 5,754
I have a job in progress for more than three months in which received and submit work on a weekly base, when it will affect my job success score mean after how many months?
Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3118 of 5,754

Gulam, it mainly affects JSS when the contract closes. I hope you haven't worked 3 months for $30, but the best way to close a fixed price contract is to request milestone approval.

3119 of 5,754
It's mean active contract does not take part in the improvement of JSS?
Until the client close it, but he cannot close it because three months have
been passed and he gives work on weekly bases.
Highlighted
Carol S Member Since: Mar 31, 2019
3120 of 5,754

I was Top Rated until two weeks ago when my JSS dropped to 89. Today, it hit 90 again, but I don't see the Top Rated button. How long until this returns?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS