cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report a client that has destroyed my Job Success score

Highlighted
Dario A Member Since: Nov 25, 2019
3001 of 3,599

Hi, Bojan i has read the article but i cant find what i did wrong. I need to know that because i dont wan to do it again.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Lee Ann M Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
3002 of 3,599

Couple issues and wondering what others' experience/advice is....

In August I ended a contract that had been inactive for about a year.  It was supposed to be for monthly blog posts but the client quit communicating after the third. Maybe two months ago I messaged her to suggest we end the contract, and didn't hear back. So knowing that inactive contracts hanging around is not a good thing in Upwork's eyes I ended the contract, and the client didn't leave feedback, which through a discussion with Support I was able to deduce had caused (in large part anyway) my JSS to drop from 94% to 88%.  So question one is - in this type of situation (i.e. client has been unresponsive and you think there is a reasonable chance they will not leave feedback, should you just not end the contract?  This client had also connected with me on Linkedin and her profile popped up on top for some reason today.  I saw that last December she had left the company she had been working for when I did the work for her.  Light bulb.  When happens when the person who hired you leaves the company?  Aside from the fact that you would be about number zillion-dy on their priority list you have no way of communicating with them anyway (I have found it very rare that anyone who hires me on Upwork has a colleague at the company also involved in the Upwork account) This seems like a situation that Upwork should have an approach to handling.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3003 of 3,599

Lee Ann M wrote:

In August I ended a contract that had been inactive for about a year.  It was supposed to be for monthly blog posts but the client quit communicating after the third.

Because you had earned money under that contract it won't have hurt your JSS either open or closed without feedback.

Lee Ann M wrote:

So question one is - in this type of situation (i.e. client has been unresponsive and you think there is a reasonable chance they will not leave feedback, should you just not end the contract? 

It does not matter either way. They don't hurt either way.

The most important factor is that you are paid.

Unless you have a hell of a lot (or a pattern, such as closing a dozen or so at once) of such contracts, those who go idle or you close without feedback do no harm to your JSS at all.

Highlighted
Gulam F Member Since: Aug 4, 2019
3004 of 3,599
I have a job in progress for three months when it will positively affect my job success score? Mean after how many months or days it affects, waiting for ans
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Victor P Member Since: Jul 24, 2017
3005 of 3,599

Gulam F wrote:
I have a job in progress for three months when it will positively affect my job success score? Mean after how many months or days it affects, waiting for ans

After successful completion of the contract with a positive feedback (both public and private) from a client. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
3006 of 3,599

Gulam F wrote:
I have a job in progress for three months when it will positively affect my job success score?

After 3 months with regular payments.

Michal S Member Since: Nov 27, 2019
3007 of 3,599

Hello,

I would like to report a client with name **Edited for Community Guidelines** that has destroyed my Job Success score with unbearable requirements and I could not stand this client and I have no rating from him because it was not possible to work with him, So I cancelled the contract and write review but still it counts to my Job Success.

Do you know what should I do please, how can I remove it? It is not fair, it has destroyed my Job Success score and now it is very hard to find a client because of that.

Thanks everyone!

Highlighted
Chris H Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
3008 of 3,599

I had a look on your profile. I'm not much of an expert on Upwork but I've seen people with job success scores of 75% be able to find contracts and work there way up to a higher JSS.

Also, the reason why your JSS fell so much with negative feedback from one client is because you only have six jobs under your belt.

Best of luck to you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3009 of 3,599

Clients do not set freelancers' JSS scores.

Therefore, you can not "report a client for destroying your JSS."

If a client violates Upwork TOS in some way, then you can report them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3010 of 3,599

Michal S wrote:

So I cancelled the contract and write review but still it counts to my Job Success.

The "nothing paid" contract no doubt contributed to your poor JSS, but is not totally responsible.

You likely got not-so-great private feedback in the 4.45 star contract too.

On the positive side, as you have so few completed contracts, future great, positive outcomes will help to get your JSS back on track and after 6 months the poor outcomes fall out of your 6 month window as well.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS