Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS shown on my profile is different from the one shown in my profile stats

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3021 of 4,142

Ehtisham B wrote:

When you complete  5 6 jobs then the JSS will be increase after 2 weeks ago.

What do you mean?What do you mean?

His issue isn't that he doesn't know when it updates, but that it doesn't creep above the 80% mark, which is likely due to getting sub-optimal private feedback regularly enough to keep it at that level.

Md.Ashraful R Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
3022 of 4,142

Hello!

I've noticed that in my profile page the JSS is shown as 92%. In the "My Stats" section my JSS is 88%!!! It was 88% before and JSS updated yesterday. Which one is correct? why they are different?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
3023 of 4,142

The one in the profile is the correct one. They are different because of cache.

Highlighted
David C Member Since: May 16, 2019
3024 of 4,142

Hello. My JSS is reducing for no reason at all can someone explain it went from 98 to 94 then 91 what's happening?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3025 of 4,142

Hi David, 

Your Job Success score is updated every two weeks, and it’s important to note any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window.

We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
David C Member Since: May 16, 2019
3026 of 4,142

Hello. Thank you for the response, can it be that when JSS updated clients feedback was low and after that, it changed to high. what happens when the client changes feedback?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3027 of 4,142

David C wrote:

Hello. Thank you for the response, can it be that when JSS updated clients feedback was low and after that, it changed to high.

Clients can only change public feedback, not the private feedback. The client was not happy, so will have left poor private feedback along with the public feedback.

The JSS was created because of unprofessional freelancers badgering clients to change feedback to good feedback when that was not the client's honest experience.

Because of this unprofessional behaviour, public feedback is pretty much  meaningless, and the JSS is calculated mainly from the private feedback.

David C wrote:

what happens when the client changes feedback?

Nothing.

Highlighted
Ahmed A Member Since: Feb 6, 2016
3028 of 4,142
Hi, Can somebody help with this? I've completed many jobs successfully with five-star reviews. My job success score didn't improve. I've worked for long weeks until I finally made it above 90%, the countdown to top rated status begun. But, I'm not dropped again under 90%, all I did was declining a job interview and this drop happened. While I've many five-star reviews for completed jobs. Please, can you look into it? Thanks a lot for any tips or help I can get to get it above 90% again.
Words Into Coins
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3029 of 4,142

Hi Ahmed, 

Your Job Success Score calculation includes multiple factors such as public and private feedback, long-term relationships, contracts without feedback if they represent a significant portion of your overall contracts, etc. We won't be able to advise regarding which contracts exactly affected your Job Success score, but we recommend that you read up on this help article for more information on how your score is calculated. 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ahmed A Member Since: Feb 6, 2016
3030 of 4,142

Thanks for your help.

Words Into Coins
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS