cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Job Success Score - Contact Cancel By Client

Highlighted
Majid R Member Since: Dec 14, 2019
3071 of 3,598

Can banned client login to up-work  and communucat with freelancer ?

Can i check the client actually banned and contract does not affect my JSS ?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3072 of 3,598

Majid R wrote:

Can i check the client actually banned and contract does not affect my JSS ?

If the contract is on hold, the client is suspended. You don't need to "check it"

Highlighted
Humberto V Member Since: Dec 12, 2019
3073 of 3,598

Hello. 

Last week my profile went down from 93% to 86% Job Success Score, making me lose my Top Rated status. In my status page last week my client recommendation score was 88%. This week dropped to 73%. Seriously. Should I expect an even further drop on mu Job Success score upon update? During this week I started a contract from a previous client and closed another one with 5 start ratting. Althow is not something to brag about, it looks like an emprovement to me. 

Contacting Upwork Support they just told me to read some articles about JSS, that´s it, which sounds like a way to avoiding discussing the subject with me.

Now tell me, honestly, I have reasons to believe my JSS will drop drastically next update?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3074 of 3,598

Humberto V wrote:

Seriously. Should I expect an even further drop on mu Job Success score upon update?

Now tell me, honestly, I have reasons to believe my JSS will drop drastically next update?

Not necessarily, because the "Clients who would recommend" metric does not update the same way, it only updates after every few contracts, so it is not impossible that whatever made your JSS drop is the same contract that has now been included in the "Clients who would recommend me" metric.

If you lost your Top Rated status after that 4 star feedback, did you not use your perk to have the impact of that contract removed from your JSS calculation? And I'd NEVER have accepted a contract with that client, purely based on the feedback they left (or failed to leave) for their freelancers.

Highlighted
3075 of 3,598

to be honest I did used my perk to remove a contract, but not that 4 star ratting contract, I used it in another one that had very little activity and with no feedback. The 4 start ratting does not mean that the client does not like your work, it could mean it has a higher standarts level, I still work with this client and I have no reason to believe its has bad private feedback, otherwise why would it hire me again?

You reason might be straigh on in case the client no longer hired me again. That´s not the case. Makes no sense a client that chooses to start a new contract with you at the same time does not recommend you, its like thinking one thing and doing another one.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3076 of 3,598

Humberto V wrote:

to be honest I did used my perk to remove a contract, but not that 4 star ratting contract, I used it in another one that had very little activity and with no feedback.

Why? A contract with little activity, provided you were at some point paid something, does not affect your JSS at all, so you wasted your perk and can't use it again for 3 months and 10 contracts.

Highlighted
3077 of 3,598

Actually it was suggested by Upwork staff. Anyway it makes sense what you said IF the client did not hired me again. The client did. So if what you say is the truth - just gessing - the client would not work with me again. But he does, right now I have an ongoing contract with him and there is nothing, absolutely nothing in our work feed that denotes anything bad as far as goes in work relationship. The 4 start ratting could be just like "well he is ok but has to work harder to get 5 starts from me".

Highlighted
Community Guru
3078 of 3,598

Humberto V wrote:

Actually it was suggested by Upwork staff.

OK. It's not as if you could do anything about it now. Upwork staff are not allowed to tell you which contract did it, so if they did, that is very naughty (and I am 100% certain that it was dead wrong.)

You mean the hourly contract that started in August, right? That 100% had NO negative impact on your JSS in any way, shape, or form.

Humberto V wrote:

So if what you say is the truth - just gessing - the client would not work with me again. But he does, right now I have an ongoing contract with him and there is nothing, absolutely nothing in our work feed that denotes anything bad as far as goes in work relationship. The 4 start ratting could be just like "well he is ok but has to work harder to get 5 starts from me".

If he left 4 as public feedback, he is more than likely to have left less than 10 as private feedback.

He didn't leave "BAD" private feedback, or your JSS would have dropped much more than it did, but with only 12 completed contracts, every outcome weighs heavily.

But as I said, it's done now, nothing you can do about it.

Highlighted
3079 of 3,598

So we must have always 10 or our score will drop? Its sounds extremmely unfair. For starters not all clients have the same standarts, some are more demanding and dont give max pontuation right away. This does not mean that is a bad thing. However Upwork, apparently, demands very high scores on every level to keep a Top Rated status for freelancers. Besides we are talking about a huge drop, from 88% to 73%, thats 15% in a week. So something happened here.

Lets say that this client did not gave me a 10 for recommendation. Lets say gave an 8 or even a 7. Will it make my recommendation score drop 15% in a single week? If is the case Upwork policies are wrong, its a huge negative impact for a situation that does not show adversity from the client, only a high standart policy from the client.  

I am working with this client still and as I said before it makes no sense at all that a client starts working again with a freelancer that would not recommend. 

Highlighted
3080 of 3,598

Upwork staff are not allowed to tell you which contract did i

Upwork staff did not provided any information about any contract. Just asked me from which contracts I had any issues and to use my work feed as a support. I brought them about 2 and they suggested me to use the one I did (I used Contracts Id´s)

It makes no difference anyway, nothing happened, so even if I had requested to eliminate a contract that hurts my reputation further it was still active as the request had no consequence, so whats the point discussing this.

What is important to discuss is what I can do about it, if I can do anything about this. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS