cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Will client recommendation score hurt my Job Success score?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3081 of 4,142

wrote:

What is important to discuss is what I can do about it, if I can do anything about this. 

What you can do about it is add contracts with great outcomes to dilute the effect of the poorer outcomes.

Humberto V wrote:

So we must have always 10 or our score will drop?

No, of course not, but an overall private feedback percentage of 73% is rather poor.

Humberto V wrote: Besides we are talking about a huge drop, from 88% to 73%, thats 15% in a week. So something happened here.

Yes, something did happen. Poor private feedback in more than one contract. It didn't happen in one week, because that is only updated every few (several) contracts.

Ace Contributor
Humberto V Member Since: Dec 12, 2019
3082 of 4,142

I dont know what private feedback is, I will assume is the feedback frequency between client and freelancer. The higher the frequency the better the feedback.

Well this is not quite. For instance I have a client that works during the week and cant provide feedback during long periods of time. Does that count as a poor feedback?

Another client is always travelling and sometimes takes weeks to make a single reply. 

Those are situations I cant control so I should not be harmed in any way because of them.

Lastly, to get better scores I need to get contracts because the scores reflect the way the contracts go. If my Success Score goes down it will make even harder to get more contracts, turning this into an impossible situation. We cant even hide our Job Success score and so I am facing a situation in where no matter I do or I am able to do cant change the outcome, clients do see job success score and this affects their decision.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3083 of 4,142

Humberto V wrote:

I dont know what private feedback is

It's the out of 10 rating the client leaves as private feedback, your "clients who would recommend" is basically your private feedback JSS, including ONLY those clients who did actually leave feedback. Feedback is only left at the end of a contract.

Humberto V wrote:

For instance I have a client that works during the week and cant provide feedback during long periods of time. Does that count as a poor feedback?

Not at all. Feedback is only the public 1-5 stars and the private 1-10 rating. Nothing else is feedback

Humberto V wrote:

Another client is always travelling and sometimes takes weeks to make a single reply. 

Those are situations I cant control so I should not be harmed in any way because of them.

You're not. Client communication does not affect your JSS.

The only things that affect your JSS are

• feedback, for better or for worse, public and private
  • "nothing paid" contracts with poor or no private feedback (negative effect)
  • long term and repeat clients with regular payments for 3+ months (positive effect)
  • An excessive number (very high percentage) of "no feedback" and / or long term (months) idle contracts

Don't panic. Chances are you've seen the effect of the not-so-great outcome(s) and it won't drop further unless there is another not-so-great outcome in the next week.

You seem to have had a good outcome since, yes? So that'll count positive.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3084 of 4,142

Many thanks for your help. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3085 of 4,142

Thanks for the reply

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3086 of 4,142

I really would like to know what is going on and what I can do. I will have an update on my Score status and I am afraid that the score will drop even further which can hurt dramatically my ability of getting hired and there is nothing I can do about it. 

What are your recommendations?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3087 of 4,142

Humberto V wrote:

I really would like to know what is going on and what I can do.

Too late now. The ship has sailed and you used your perk.

Humberto V wrote:

I will have an update on my Score status and I am afraid that the score will drop even further

The update comes next Sunday. 

Just checking... Do you have any contracts that either ended with nothing (EVER!) paid, or have been open for 2+ months with nothing (EVER!) paid?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3088 of 4,142

I dont think the perk was used. I made the request last Sunday and the same day my Top Ratus status was removed. The contract is still there with "no feedback" in it, meaning that nothing changed. My guess is that when I made the request lost the status right immediatly, losing the ability to have any impact, so it makes no difference which contract I would have chosen, the result is the same.

I had once contract that was canceled a couple days after being opened. Client  said that was communication issues. That´s it. Never had any contract that lasted for such a long time with no pay. I had a few where the client was unresponsive for a while but I always had good to great feedback and was paied. 

What do to mean by "Too late now. The ship has sailed and you used your perk." So I just stand here and see what happens? I already noticed a huge drop in interview percentage, I think its because of the dropping of the Success status and if it drops even further it will be even more harmfull to my reputation, which does not correspond to the feedback that have been give which means that there must something going on that I dont know.

So now I just cross my fingers and wait?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3089 of 4,142

Humberto V wrote:

I dont think the perk was used. I made the request last Sunday and the same day my Top Ratus status was removed. The contract is still there with "no feedback" in it, meaning that nothing changed.

Of course the contract is still there, because using the perk does not remove the contract, only the impact of the contract on your JSS. It had no impact because you have been paid under that contract, so it was neutral anyway.

Humberto V wrote:

My guess is that when I made the request lost the status right immediatly, losing the ability to have any impact, so it makes no difference which contract I would have chosen, the result is the same.

No. Had you chosen a contract that had an impact on your JSS, it would have removed the impact of that contract on your JSS (which won't be visible until the next update.)

Humberto V wrote:

What do to mean by "Too late now. The ship has sailed and you used your perk." So I just stand here and see what happens?

So now I just cross my fingers and wait?

Yes. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3090 of 4,142

In that case I can expect a further drop in my Job Success Score. Lets see why:

1) - The client recomendation droped 15%. Lets assume its because of the contract of 4 star rattings. That contract was closed days before the last update. At the time the recommendation was 88%

2) - The new update will certantly take this into consideration. Even that the metrics are not the same, the fact is that recommendation weights on the overall score and we are talking about a huge drop of 15% 

3) - This week I only finished one contract. I had 5 starts score and the client hired me again but its just one contract

4) - the new contract with this client started day 6 and will only end at 24th, at best, so it will be still active when the next update arrive, having to weight on it

Basically I am in trouble and there is no way to avoid a further fall in the score

PS - how could I know that 4 star ratting contract was the one doing more harm? From my point of view the client is top notch

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS