cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changes in JSS

Highlighted
Abo Baker S Member Since: May 4, 2017
3251 of 3,588

I have noticed some points. But most important one point is, when a freelancer complete a project of the client.
And client dosen't close the project or saying he have more work and didn't provide the work and even not responding on uprowk.
The the UPWORK algo takes down the JSS of the developer.
I think it is not the good for freelancers. and it takes down a person down.
Please share your thoughts.
Best Regards
AB

Highlighted
Farhan I Member Since: Dec 19, 2018
3252 of 3,588

This is 100% correct and upwork needs to take care of it.
Sometimes client also changes their mind and close the job with no earning then upwork also take effect on JSS and I think it should not take any effect on JSS.
There are all the restrictions for freelancers and they don't take any action against the client instead of on waiting for thier response.
"Inactive and canceled by the client" should not take any effect on freelancer JSS.
Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3253 of 3,588

Abo Baker S wrote:

when a freelancer complete a project of the client.
And client dosen't close the project or saying he have more work and didn't provide the work and even not responding on uprowk.
The the UPWORK algo takes down the JSS of the developer.

No. It does not.

If money has been paid on the contract and you don't have an insane percentage of such contracts, they don't have any effect on your JSS at all.

Highlighted
3254 of 3,588

But it extremely effects when nothing paid by the client though everything is in the client hold.
It happens with me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3255 of 3,588

Farhan I wrote:

But it extremely effects when nothing paid by the client 

Don't accept any contract until you have what you need to complete the first milestone or log ten inutes of time (if hourly)

"Nothing paid" contracts are easy to avoid.

Highlighted
3256 of 3,588

How i can work 10 minutes when there is nothing to work due to the change of the client mind.
I accept all the jobs after reviewed it but this is the thing that completely depends on the client mind.

Highlighted
Lukas M Member Since: May 31, 2017
3257 of 3,588

lets say its easy to avoid these contracts, until it happens to you.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Oleksandra K Member Since: Nov 5, 2018
3258 of 3,588
Hello!

I have a question regarding the job success score update.

I had unsuccessful project (contract for 52$ and grade 3.3) , after what my JSC decreased by 3 points.

Then I had successful project (contract for 500$ and grade 5.0) after what my JSC didn't change.

How is it possible that the contract in 10 times more didn't affect anyhow?

Thank you in advance,
Oleksandra Krasnova
Highlighted
Dragos A Member Since: Nov 25, 2017
3259 of 3,588

Hi there,

As far as I know, none of the following 3 happened for me, but still, my job success rate has dropped to 80%:  - You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.

- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame

- Jobs with no earnings or no feedback become counted in your score, either because they were closed or because several months have passed since you received a payment.

Can you please inform me of the reason behind it?

Thank you,

Dragos

Community Guru
3260 of 3,588

Dragos A wrote:

Hi there,

As far as I know, none of the following 3 happened for me, but still, my job success rate has dropped to 80%:  - You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.

- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame

- Jobs with no earnings or no feedback become counted in your score,

Dragos, your profile shows 4 completed contracts, but you have actually started 5. Is the fifth new and still in progress? How long has it been open if so? Or was there a contract that was canceled or fully refunded or has led to $ 0 earnings for some other reason?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS