Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About JJS

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3271 of 4,079

Hi Eleonora,

Job Success Score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months window. If there aren't enough contracts within that period, your JSS can't be calculated. Once you complete more contracts you'll get JSS. To learn more about your Job success score, check out this Help Article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Michele L Member Since: Nov 12, 2018
3272 of 4,079

Hi everybody,

I have several contracts with happy clients that didn't leave feedback. What is your experience in reaching them out for kindly asking them to leave a feedback ? Is it fine or should I let it go ? Some are old and other brand new contracts but they keep going to act like that, leaving the contract open and dead/useless.

I have 87% JSS and can't wait to reach 90% at least since I feel many clients rejected my proposals only for the percentage.

Also will these open contracts affect my next JSS calculation ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3273 of 4,079

Michele L wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have several contracts with happy clients that didn't leave feedback. What is your experience in reaching them out for kindly asking them to leave a feedback ? Is it fine or should I let it go ?

Personally, I would never ask a client to leave feedback. I do, however, occasionally ask clients to end the contract if bit's been inactive for a while and there is little or no chance of it coming back to life any time soon.

Michele L wrote:

Some are old and other brand new contracts but they keep going to act like that, leaving the contract open and dead/useless.

You can end contracts yourself (but you will often or mostly not get feedback then) - It is a good idea not to close a whole lot at once.

Michele L wrote:

Also will these open contracts affect my next JSS calculation ?

The JSS is calculated every 2 weeks and contracts with money previously paid don't hurt your JSS, unless you have way too many of them. That said, open contracts make up half your entire body of work, so it would be a smart idea to get as many closed by happy clients as you possibly can. With relatively few contracts overall, if you can get half your open contracts closed with good feedback, that might well be enough to push you over that 90%.

Highlighted
Eleonora M Member Since: Jan 28, 2016
3274 of 4,079

Well, I had top JSS and was about to start working here again, but now with my HARD EARNED 100% JSS I was building for more than 6 years now gone and nobody even sends me any proposals anymore.  Let them know they are shooting themselves in the foot with that policy, they now don't let top-rated well respected here contractors to get any jobs and earn any money. How do I suppose to get hired here now?  amount of proposals cut to zero since JSS disappeared, and why somebody would want to hire somebody with no JSS? Many clients found it suspicious and move away from hiring, I just lost a client who changed his mind to offer me full time job when revisited my profile. Remove that policy and  restore our JSS  before we are ( top-rated highly paid contractors, who bring a actual money to Upwork) all gone forever. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3275 of 4,079

@trillium wrote:

Well, I had top JSS and was about to start working here again, but now with my HARD EARNED 100% JSS I was building for more than 6 years now gone and nobody even sends me any proposals anymore.  Let them know they are shooting themselves in the foot with that policy, they now don't let top-rated well respected here contractors to get any jobs and earn any money. How do I suppose to get hired here now?  amount of proposals cut to zero since JSS disappeared, and why somebody would want to hire somebody with no JSS? Many clients found it suspicious and move away from hiring, I just lost a client who changed his mind to offer me full time job when revisited my profile. Remove that policy and  restore our JSS  before we are ( top-rated highly paid contractors, who bring a actual money to Upwork) all gone forever. 

You've done one job in the past two years. What do you think they should be basing your JSS on? 

Highlighted
Chandan B Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
3276 of 4,079

4.0 rating it good or bad .? How much effective it is for JSS.?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3277 of 4,079

Chandan B wrote:

4.0 rating it good or bad .? 

It's "ok"

Chandan B wrote:

How much effective it is for JSS.?

That depends on the private feedback the client left. This client has left feedback for 3 freelancers, one got 5 stars, one got 4.55 and you got 4.  So the client was least satisfied with the experience he had with you. 

My worst ever feedback was 4.6 stars and that dropped my JSS by 7 points. 

Highlighted
Abdo M Member Since: May 24, 2019
3278 of 4,079

Hello,

So my story begins since I started to be active on Upwork again and I guess I was wrong!. If you accept an offer and the client decided to close the contract and ask for a refund because he changed his mind so your score will be killed by at least 2 %!.

If a client decided to hire someone else after you work or decided to stop the job and ask for a refund and you issue a full refund then your score will be killed by 2 or 4 %.

If you closed 5 contracts with 5 stars ratings and perfect private score then your JSS won't move!

Is that fair? how can you work like that? this question to Freelancers

Highlighted
Community Guru
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
3279 of 4,079

You are not obligated to issue a refund for work you have already completed, regardless of whether the client has changed their mind or not.

Also, I see a problem, but I don't see a solution. Bad clients are eternal and ubiquitous. What do we do about it? Cut them off, work for the good ones, and improve our judgement.

Highlighted
Alexi G Member Since: Jan 26, 2020
3280 of 4,079

Upwork is trying to curate freelancers who are excellent in their work. You may be doing great quality work for your clients, but once in a while you get clients that are not so good. But that will be rare. You won't get many clients like that. So the 2% or 4% you loose won't stay down for long since you are doing a great job for your clients and since there are not many clients like that on Upwork. 

On the other hand, for those clients who do poor work, they will continue to get dissatisfied clients on a regular basis. For those freelancers, their profile will continue to go down in value because their work is consistently poor quality. 

But if you work hard and continue to provide great value to your clients, your profile will continue to go up. Keep up the good work!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS