cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JSS recovery very slow

Highlighted
Alexi G Member Since: Jan 26, 2020
3411 of 5,249

Upwork is trying to curate freelancers who are excellent in their work. You may be doing great quality work for your clients, but once in a while you get clients that are not so good. But that will be rare. You won't get many clients like that. So the 2% or 4% you loose won't stay down for long since you are doing a great job for your clients and since there are not many clients like that on Upwork. 

On the other hand, for those clients who do poor work, they will continue to get dissatisfied clients on a regular basis. For those freelancers, their profile will continue to go down in value because their work is consistently poor quality. 

But if you work hard and continue to provide great value to your clients, your profile will continue to go up. Keep up the good work!

Highlighted
Abdo M Member Since: May 24, 2019
3412 of 5,249

This is only the paper but in reality, It will take 2 or 3 months to get more 1% of your JSS but once in this 2 or 3 months, a client decided to cancel the job with you or misunderstand anything you will lose what you did in those months! and then you will need to start over!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3413 of 5,249

Abdo M wrote:

This is only the paper but in reality, It will take 2 or 3 months to get more 1% of your JSS 

Not necessarily true.

Abdo M wrote:

but once in this 2 or 3 months, a client decided to cancel the job with you or misunderstand anything you will lose what you did in those months! and then you will need to start over!

That's how percentages work. Basic mathematics. On the other hand, as a top rated freelancer you have access to the top rated perk so you can remove one contract outcome from your calculation once every 3 months and every 10 contracts.

As far as "fair" is concerned.... we all have access to the same client pool.... When some are more successful at keeping their JSS high than others it just means they are better at choosing and managing their clients and contracts.

What kind of "fairness" are you looking for? Just everyone being handed a 100% JSS on a platter and keeping it there no matter what?

What would be the point of that?

Highlighted
Trishna M Member Since: Jan 27, 2020
3414 of 5,249

Hi,

I am relatively new to upwork and have completed all my jobs so far and have received good feedback from all my clients. My Job success rate was thus 100%. However, 3 of my clients didn't want to close the projects since they may need help in the future and because I couldn't reach them over the holiday season my score has suddenly gone down to 80%. I have closed the projects now and they have reached out to me personally apologizing for the delay but my score is still low. Is there anything I can do since this really wasn't my fault?

Thanks in advance!

Trishna

Highlighted
Robert D Member Since: Jan 27, 2020
3415 of 5,249

Hello. I had a dispute (ID# 23054609) with a difficult client that was closed by Upowork only because I was willing to compromise and let go of the payment I was entitled to. If you will review the dispute and the conversation with the client, you will see that I did my job properly until he was trying to get me to do more work than we agreed upon for the last milestone of the project. Also you will see how rude this client was to me during our last part of the conversation and also during our dispute. Since that job was closed by Upwork only because I was willing to compromise and let go of the final payment, I was left with a job on my profile with no feedback. Since this was my 5th job on the platform, my JSS finally appeared and it was 72%. All of the 4 jobs I did before this job were completed successfully and in good terms with my clients. I find it very unfair that because of a difficult and rude client, my chances to get jobs is now virtually 0 as I am fairly new to the platform. It is just not fair. I would like this job to be deleted from my profile.

Highlighted
Tom M Member Since: Sep 21, 2016
3416 of 5,249

My job success recently dropped from 100% to 87% and I lost my top-rated status, with no explanation for it. Why is this?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Humberto V Member Since: Dec 12, 2019
3417 of 5,249

Hello.

I appologize if this theme sounds trivial, but I just need some understanding.

About a month and a half ago I lost my Top rated badge, there was an big drop of 7% (93-86). After that I decided to be more caerfull wth the job selection.

Well the JSS has increased but at a very slow rate. From 86% - 88% and now only increased 1%  - 89%, which is not enough to recover my Top Badge.

My question is this: ist it normal to take such time in getting my badge? And it is also normal to experience a very slow increment in JSS?

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
3418 of 5,249

Yes it is, because of how percentages work. This is vastly oversimplifying it, but if you have 9 out of 10 good jobs, that's 90%. Finish another contract well, that's 10 out of 11, but just 90.9%, and so on. Again, JSS is a bit more complicated than that, but that's the general idea.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3419 of 5,249

Humberto V wrote:

And it is also normal to experience a very slow increment in JSS?

Yes, it is normal. That is how percentages work. The closer to 100 % you get, the smaller the steps. You've also not actually completed that many contracts since. 

I wouldn't focus on the top rated badge too much, with the eligible weeks slipping away, it will take months before you are eligible for that even when your JSS has returned to 90%+ (You need 13 out of the last 16 weeks, and you now have 6 non-eligible weeks in your 16 week window which have to work their way through the entire 16 week window.)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Humberto V Member Since: Dec 12, 2019
3420 of 5,249

Right now I have 6 non eligible weeks, will reach 8 next 16th February. So I have to maintain 90% or more for 5 weeks in a row in order to be eligible. This means that, if all goes well, only by April. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS