cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a recently closed contract affect JSS?

Highlighted
Community Leader
Nahid H Member Since: Apr 9, 2011
4141 of 4,504

I think you can't hide your job Success Score. In premium package you can hide your earning history.

Job Success Scores were initiated to help the client.  Try to respond faster and work actively to increase your job Success Score. I think this is best solution.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4142 of 4,504

Nahid H wrote:

I think you can't hide your job Success Score. In premium package you can hide your earning history.

Job Success Scores were initiated to help the client.  Try to respond faster and work actively to increase your job Success Score. I think this is best solution.

No, JSS can never be hidden. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4143 of 4,504

Gaurav C wrote:

How to hide the job Success Score?

That is really the wrong question. The solution is not to hide it, but to improve it...

For what it's worth, if your JSS drops even further (below 50%) it won't be visible on your profile anymore.

By the way, calling a client "an idiot" in a response to feedback is as damaging as your JSS. Even without the poor JSS and feedback, that alone would prevent me from hiring you. Professionals don't do that sort of thing.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4144 of 4,504

Petra R wrote:

Gaurav C wrote:

How to hide the job Success Score?

That is really the wrong question. The solution is not to hide it, but to improve it...

For what it's worth, if your JSS drops even further (below 50%) it won't be visible on your profile anymore.

By the way, calling a client "an idiot" in a response to feedback is as damaging as your JSS. Even without the poor JSS and feedback, that alone would prevent me from hiring you. Professionals don't do that sort of thing.

If I were you, I would refund the first client to make the feedback disappear, if that's still possible. That was your first client! The most important one. You seem to be lacking a professional mind set. 

Presently I don't see how you can recover from your bad ratings. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4145 of 4,504

Not everyone is meant to be an online freelancer on Upwork.

Highlighted
Vlorjan P Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
4146 of 4,504

You can not hide the Success Score!

Highlighted
Mathew B Member Since: Jul 15, 2016
4147 of 4,504

The job success score is a terrible system I have been on upork since the inception and my score has always been 90% never had bad feedback, all of a sudden i had one month i never got any jobs and the score drops to 60% thats very unfair and you going to lose you contractors and your company revenue , think about it

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4148 of 4,504

Mathew B wrote:

i had one month i never got any jobs and the score drops to 60% 

Not getting a job for a month does not make your JSS drop. 

Mathew B wrote:

you going to lose you contractors and your company revenue , think about it

Losing contractors does not make Upwork lose revenue. There are far too many freelancers anyway. 

Losing clients is another matter.

Highlighted
Ricardo C Member Since: May 27, 2020
4149 of 4,504

I had a contract that was started more than a year ago. I got paid for the project delivery and didn't have any transactions since then. The client came back recently, closed the contract and left a review.

How doe it affect my JSS?

Will the project be considered to be a recent project or not?

I see they calculate the JSS according to the projects done in 6 months, 12 months, and 24 months.

Which time span does this project belong to? Smiley Wink

image.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
4150 of 4,504

Ricardo C wrote:

I had a contract that was started more than a year ago. I got paid for the project delivery and didn't have any transactions since then. The client came back recently, closed the contract and left a review.

How doe it affect my JSS?

Will the project be considered to be a recent project or not?

I see they calculate the JSS according to the projects done in 6 months, 12 months, and 24 months.

Which time span does this project belong to? Smiley Wink

image.png

The month it was closed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS