Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: my profile Job Success Score is wrong

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4501 of 5,754

Hi Arfat,

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about the Job Success Score.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Mike H Member Since: Jul 4, 2020
4502 of 5,754

When I apply for jobs my Job 'Success Score: At least 90%' appears as if I havent completed jobs.  I have completed 2 jobs on there with 100% so why does it say this?  my main freelancer acccount is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Prachi T Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
4503 of 5,754

You don't have a Job Success Score yet. You will probably get it after you finish 3-5 jobs with at least three different clients.

The JSS looks like this:

JSS.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4504 of 5,754

Mike H wrote:

When I apply for jobs my Job 'Success Score: At least 90%' appears as if I havent completed jobs.  I have completed 2 jobs on there with 100% so why does it say this?  my main freelancer acccount is xxxxxxx

It says that because clients set a preference for a JSS of 90% plus. Because you don't have a JSS yet, you don't meet that preference yet. As Prachi pointed out, you'll get a JSS after you've completed a few more jobs.

What do you mean, your "main" freelancer account? You're only allowed one account...

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mrwan S Member Since: May 11, 2020
4505 of 5,754

What happens to my JSS if i decided to only work in a long term contract only and didn't proposal for any other jobs as i working full time on that contract ? as you know you cant give feedback while the contract is open, Also maybe i had a good amount of jobs and my JSS is 100% adn want to just focus on my ongoing jobs only from now on will my JSS remain 100?

My second question is what happens to my JSS if i take a break like 2-3 months will my JSS remain the same or will get lower as i dont do jobs as usual ? and what is the maximum time for a break which wont hurt my JSS

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4506 of 5,754

Mrwan S wrote:

What happens to my JSS if i decided to only work in a long term contract only and didn't proposal for any other jobs as i working full time on that contract ? as you know you cant give feedback while the contract is open, Also maybe i had a good amount of jobs and my JSS is 100% adn want to just focus on my ongoing jobs only from now on will my JSS remain 100?

My second question is what happens to my JSS if i take a break like 2-3 months will my JSS remain the same or will get lower as i dont do jobs as usual ? and what is the maximum time for a break which wont hurt my JSS

Thanks

That depends on your recent jobs. Your JSS is calculated based on the past 6, 12, and 24 months and your score is the highest of the three. So, jobs are constantly dropping out of each of those windows. The longer you are away, the more jobs drop out, which can change your score. But, whether that's for the better or worse depends on your jobs. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mrwan S Member Since: May 11, 2020
4507 of 5,754

Thank you Tiffany, can you help me about the long term question ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
4508 of 5,754

I've been top-rated ever since I stumbled into it in my early days. (I wasn't even taking freelancing seriously at that point.)

My JSS has been 100% except for a short while when it dropped to 94%. (A client hired me but didn't assign work for about two months. When he started paying, the JSS was back to 100 quickly).

The main parameter - Clients who would recommend you - has gone from 100 to 88 to 91. And it has been at 91 for weeks now!

I had one disaster contract this week and I am prepared to assume that he rated me 0 or 1 when he was asked whether he would recommend me. But, today, I notice that my recommendation score has dropped to 79%!

Is it even possible for one bad contract to do that to me? Note that my JSS is still 100% after the last update ad the recommendation score was 91% till yesterday.

I have only 16 closed contracts, though, and 3 of them don't have feedback. Am I looking at a major drop in the JSS, God forbid, below 90?

I am worried about tomorrow's update. I so don't want to be the person who comes here complaining that the JSS calculation is unfair. *fingers crossed

I know no one can give me specific answers here. Just looking for opinions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4509 of 5,754

Prachi T wrote:

I had one disaster contract this week and I am prepared to assume that he rated me 0 or 1 when he was asked whether he would recommend me. But, today, I notice that my recommendation score has dropped to 79%!

Is it even possible for one bad contract to do that to me? Note that my JSS is still 100% after the last update ad the recommendation score was 91% till yesterday.

The recommendation score is only updated every several (widely believed to be 5) jobs, but yes, you will likely see a drop. The size of the drop will depend on your calculation window and how many completed contracts there are in your 6, 12 and 24 month calculation window. 

Have you ever used your top rated perk? If not, you can remove that contract from your JSS calculation.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4510 of 5,754

Thank you, Petra.

Yes, I'll use the perk tomorrow if the JSS goes down drastically. 

Will I have to wait for two more weeks for the new JSS calculation to reflect on the profile, iff I use the perk?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS