cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low JSS with all 5-star ratings. Any ideas why?

Highlighted
Sabrina K Member Since: Feb 12, 2020
5381 of 5,618

Hello,

I started working for Upwork around half a year ago. A month after finishing three projects I received a JSS of 100%. Since then I have not finished another contract as I am working on two long term contracts. They both get updated with new milestones every week. And I get paid after every finished milestone. Still, my JSS has suddenly dropped by 10%, from 100% to 90%. Without any new feedback given and without any contract been inactive, I don't understand how this is possible? Can clients give private feedback without ending a contract?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
5382 of 5,618

Hi Sabrina,

Clients can't give private feedback without ending the contract first.

Your Job Success Score is calculated on 6-, 12-, and 24- months windows, and it is updated every second week on Sunday. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, a pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more about JSS, please check out this help article. There was also an update on the JSS metrics to reflect the job value in the calculation. You can check out this Community thread for the official announcement.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Sabrina K Member Since: Feb 12, 2020
5383 of 5,618

Thanks for for the answer, but none of that explains the sudden drop from 100% to 90%. I started working in March, between March and May I got 3 reviews, that resulted in a score of 100%. Since then I have been constantly working on 2 long-term contract. No contract has been closed since May. There are no inactive contracts and no contracts without feedback. And if there was a private bad rating, why did it not show in the initial score of 100%? I seriously don't understand this.

Highlighted
Kateryna T Member Since: Sep 27, 2020
5384 of 5,618

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork. Actually, I've just received my JSS this month. And it was 83%, although I had two completed jobs with a 5-star rating at the time. I assumed the JSS was low because I had an open project that wasn't active for a while. After that, the client of the inactive project closed it and gave me 5 stars and a fantastic review. So with three completed jobs with 5-star reviews, I expected my JSS to raise reasonably after the Sunday update. But it raised only to 87%. And I can't see the reason for such a low score.

Can a project that had been inactive previously still influence my JSS? Or is it some sort of a bug? Does someone have any ideas?

Highlighted
Arshad S Member Since: Sep 13, 2019
5385 of 5,618

Hi,
I became top Rated from on 24th Augut 2020. On that time, my "Top Rated eligible weeks" were 14 out of 16 on that time. after passing one month, these Top Rated weeks are still 14 out of 16. These are not increasing however, my profile is above the 90+ JSS. Why these weeks are not increasing?
Another problem is that My Job Success Score is also not increasing from the last two updates. However, in these two weeks, more than 10 jobs has been ended with 5 stars plus awesome feedback. Then how it is possible the JSS does not increasing? 
It is request you to check the profile and let me know what is actual issue? Why my JSS and TOP RATED Eligible Weeks has not been increasing from last two updates? Please solve the issue. it is a humble request. 
One thing more, I am TOP RATED now. In the TOP RATED perks, there is also the option of Live Chat. But, I do not got that perk. Why?
Please solve these three issues. 
Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
5386 of 5,618

Arshad, your JSS recently dipped below 90%.

Those weeks in which you were <90% have to fall off your 16-week window.

When they fall off your eligible weeks will start increasing again.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
5387 of 5,618

Hi Arshad,

I checked your account, and the eligible weeks shown on your My Stats page is correct. The Upwork system takes snapshots of your six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks. You can find more information on this help article. I also checked, and I can confirm that the option to contact support via chat is available for you as well. Please check this screenshot

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Yuthika S Member Since: Sep 20, 2020
5388 of 5,618

I had a 100% job success rate until last month and it got lowered to 87% this month without even doing anything. i closed a contract because a client asked me to and he offered me another job for him to pay. even after that my job succces rate was 100% for almost like a week or two. suddenly when i search today it got lowered to 87% without doing nothing. why is that ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5389 of 5,618
Yuthika S wrote:

i closed a contract because a client asked me to and he offered me another job for him to pay. 

with nothing at all paid? That would have been the reason for the drop. Contracts with nothing paid and no feedback count as unsuccessful.

even after that my job succces rate was 100% for almost like a week or two.

That's because the JSS only updates once every 14 days on a Sunday, so yours updated last Sunday. You could reverse the effect if you were paid something (ANYTHING over $ 1) on the contract that closed without any payment.

Highlighted
Yuthika S Member Since: Sep 20, 2020
5390 of 5,618

i didn't know that. can my client give a feedback now? he is willing to 
please help

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS