🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS
Page options
0c574d7b
Community Member

JSS

I have had only one job so far, and my earnings exceeded 1k$ "on my profile". 

The client even gave me a 5 star rating with feedback but I still don't have any badges, not even a JSS. 

When I send proposals to jobs, I never get hired. Can someone take a look at my profile and tell me if there's something wrong with it? 

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gorijavolu O wrote:

Hey! Thanks for reassuring me. I actually tried applying for many medical associated presentation design jobs. I'm afraid most of them have "payment unverified" or were taken down. 

I thought of investing in learning an extra skill other than presentation design that has less competition and more demand. 

I'm looking into learning wordpress or python/graphic design/illustration. 

Do you have something you can suggest? Thank you in advance. 

First of all, there's nothing wrong with a client whose payment method isn't verified when they post the job. All that matters is that it's ready when they hire you. Lots of them only verify payment methods when they find the right freelancer, because they don't know until then whether they'll be staying on the site.

I don't really know much about other skills that you could learn, but with the knowledge you have of medicine you could offer a combination of content writing and presentation for sites offering products or services to the medical or pharmaceutical industry. A lot of these clients need someone who understands the medical material and can take care of presenting it in PowerPoint or some other medium without needing any advice or guidance.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
roberty1y
Community Member

Your profile looks good to me. I think the problem is that there's huge competition in your field. There are tens of thousands of freelancers offering to do PowerPoint, and many of them haven't got one job yet. Given that you're a medical student, maybe you should try to specialize in presentations where some medical knowledge is needed. 

Hey! Thanks for reassuring me. I actually tried applying for many medical associated presentation design jobs. I'm afraid most of them have "payment unverified" or were taken down. 

I thought of investing in learning an extra skill other than presentation design that has less competition and more demand. 

Gorijavolu O wrote:

First of all, there's nothing wrong with a client whose payment method isn't verified when they post the job. All that matters is that it's ready when they hire you. Lots of them only verify payment methods when they find the right freelancer, because they don't know until then whether they'll be staying on the site.

I don't really know much about other skills that you could learn, but with the knowledge you have of medicine you could offer a combination of content writing and presentation for sites offering products or services to the medical or pharmaceutical industry. A lot of these clients need someone who understands the medical material and can take care of presenting it in PowerPoint or some other medium without needing any advice or guidance.

NikolaS

Hi Gorijavolu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to share more information on how to get a Job Success Score and earn Upwork's Talent Badge. 

Please know that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. You can find more information about JSS here

Upwork’s Talent Badges highlight proven or expert talent on Upwork. Standout freelancers and agencies earn these badges for great reviews and top performance on Upwork, or by going through a rigorous screening process with experts in their field. Feel free to check this help article to find more information and requirements for available Talent Badges.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
0c574d7b
Community Member

Thank you for this. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members