cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

basil-student
Vasily P Member Since: Apr 2, 2017
1 of 12

Good Day! Today My JSS score decreasing from 100 to 88. Last six months I have more than 90 JSS and 16 top rated eligible weeks. Also i have 4 contracts with 5 star rating for last 6 months! I think it is mistake! Please answer why my rating is badder than last 6 months?

We can see that upwork also use last 6 months results.

windows.png
I`am sure that in this period I have 93-97 JSS and 100 from June. Did you consider this? Please calculate my JSS for the last 6 months!!! It was 93%.
Please rate this rating or make changes to this upwork article https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 12

Where did you get the idea that your 6-month score was 93%?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 12

@Tiffany S wrote:

Where did you get the idea that your 6-month score was 93%?

I think he thought the article he read used his own score, rather than a random example....

basil-student
4 of 12

I just monitor my profile! And 16 top rated eligible weeks show that rating was more than 90%

petra_r
Community Guru
5 of 12

Your JSS didn't change today. The last update was last Sunday.

When did you last work on the contract that started in February? Contracts that are inactive for a long time negatively affect your JSS. I would suggest you get the client to end that, or, if the client is unresponsive, end it yourself.

Any contracts that started but were never worked on (no earnings from them?)

Any contracts that ended without earnings / were refunded?

it can not use your 6 month window because you only completed two contracts in the past 6 months plus that likely long term inactive one....

Also remember that private feedback also counts towards your JSS, not just public feedback.

basil-student
6 of 12

Dear Petra!

Yes, my JSS was changed last Sunday!

Old 2016 February contract is really on pause, but It did not affect my rating for a long time (from june 2016).

But i`ll close this contract in the feature.

Also I have 4 contract from January 2017 to July 2017 with 5 star rating and earnings. You can see my profile.

I was constantly monitoring my JCC and it was above 90 (93-97) from December 2016. And since May or June 2017 was 100%.

Say me please from which period upwork calculate 6 months rating? From 1st of January 2017?

It looks like upwork don`t use 6 months period because in last year i also have decreasing from 100 to 88 at same time June or July 2016

Sincerely

Vasily

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 12

The 6 month window is just that. 6 months, exactly. So anything prior to the 16th of January is no longer in it.

Get the client with the inactive contract to close it if at all possible.

This time last year you had some "no feedback" contracts which will have been behind the drop then. You really want to aim to have as few long-term-idle and "no feedback" contracts as possible, by encouraging clients to end the contract as soon as the work is done. (No need to mention feedback at all, as it is impossible to end a contract without leaving feedback.)

basil-student
8 of 12

Do you mean that 6 months window was started from 16th of January? In this case i have only 3 contracts in period from 16th of january, because one of 4 was closed in 8th of january.
But why 16th? And why I need to have 4+ contracts for calculating my JSS in 6 months period? Why I can`t read about it in this article:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358
or terms and conditions?

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 12

@Vasily P wrote:

1) Do you mean that 6 months window was started from 16th of January? In this case i have only 3 contracts in period from 16th of january, because one of 4 was closed in 8th of january.
But why 16th?

2) And why I need to have 4+ contracts for calculating my JSS in 6 months period? Why I can`t read about it in this article:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358
or terms and conditions?

Which part of "6 months" are you having trouble understanding?

Your 6 month window today is from 6 months ago to today. Your one year window today is from one year ago to today.

Tomorrow it will be tomorrow minus 6 Months. And so on. It is a rolling window, always includes the last 6 months / 1 year / 2 years.

You don't need 4 ended contracts in the window, but 3 plus one negative factor (that inactive contract") create a bad JSS for the 6 month window, so it is unlikely to be your best window.

basil-student
10 of 12

Petra! Thank you for your attention to me.

I understood about 6 months period! 

I repeat that inactive contract during long time do not affected to JSS. But i agree with you that i need to close this contract! I`am not sure that this contract decreased my JSS from 100 to 88.

It is a  pity that I can not post ofifcial answer of upwork support. But them position was different from your: "You don't need 4 ended contracts in the window"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS