cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Emma C Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1 of 5,655

I would like to understand why  Upwork don't look at clients who don't leave feedback.  Some clients are one-off users, others are too busy to leave feedback and some just don't understand how to do it.  I have long-standing contracts that never received feedback, yet the messages show how happy the client  was.  I have other clients who were first time users and had work complete - were happy (again, said so) but didn't leave feedback. Then there are the users who just never leave feedback - for anyone!  I have flagged and flagged this but the help team just keep repeating the same thread (obviously a template).  I think that clients notorious for not leaving feedback should be taken into account and if a freelancer requests feedback - they should not be penalised for no feedback left.  I also think Upwork should look at those contracts and make their own decisions.  Am so fed up with this system that I've shifted some stuff over to another website, some clients are now private and I'm trying my best to move a load of other clients.  

Highlighted
Maxim S Member Since: Aug 12, 2015
2 of 5,655

Last week I brougtht over my profile over from Elance to UpWork with a job success of 100%, suddenly this week it's 74%. How come? Anyone else experienced this? It doesn't make sense. Almost all my ratings are 5 stars, and no less than 4. 90% recommended by clients, 24% long term clients, 1800+ hours worked, 80+ jobs. 74% "Job Success" doesn't make sense.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 5,655

Elance and Upwork JS are two different things. Upwork takes into account refunds, jobs not completed, private feedback and a bunch of other things.

What is Job Success?

https://support.upwork.com/entries/23152927-What-is-Job-Success-

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tiago S Member Since: Mar 20, 2012
4 of 5,655

There might be an issue with the calculations, wait for the next update. When JS came along I had, for some reason, 79%, then it grew to 88% without me even doing any projects and stayed there for a long time.

If nothing changes, then it might be that during the 3 time slices (6, 12 and 24 months) they use to calculate your feedback, the 74% was the highest you had. Even if this happens, don't worry too much, you have a lot of work history and clients will hire you anyway and in a few months you can easily get back to 100%.

Highlighted
Maxim S Member Since: Aug 12, 2015
5 of 5,655

I'll see if anything happens at the next update, as 74% makes me look bad and is not a reflection of the hard work I've put to earn my good marks. I looked at other profiles and there are many contractors who have many negative feedbacks and ratings less than 3 stars, yet they have Success Rate around 90%.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
6 of 5,655

This is one of the reason why this metric dont work, is to erratic, I begain with 64 and now im in 94%. I dont think I am that different today than few months ago when the JS% was Iintroduced. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
7 of 5,655

My JS score has been 83% and hasn't changed at all.  4.83 stars, 93% recommended, 1,500 hours, and 50+ jobs.  

Somehow I've had 0% long-term clients even though I've had several 6+ month hourly contracts, and repeat contracts?  Is that a bug?

However, it hasn't really affected my ability to get work.  At the same time, I don't see why I shouldn't be top rated when I compare myself side-by-side to other Top Rated freelancers.

One thing that I'm looking forward to from the Coming Soon section of the Top Rated article on Upwork...

"Recognition for high earners: We’re exploring ways for high-earning freelancers to stand out above and beyond the Top Rated badge."

Above and beyond the Top Rated Badge.  Nice!  Unless they call it the "Expensive Freelancer" badge... Haha!

Anyways, it sounds like we have similar stats so I would think we would have a similar rating.  I did notice that you have several jobs without feedback and one negative review.  I guess that might tilt the scale a bit?  I have several jobs without a review but not quite so many.  It seems like you would have something around 80%.  Plus you have 24% long-term clients compared to my 0%, so maybe it should be higher than my 83%.

I'm just waiting for the day when mine suddenly drops for no apparent reason.  Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 5,655

Hi Daniel,

I did a little research of your Work History and it looks like there is no mistake in the way long-term clients metric is calculated for you. This mertic shows the % of clients you work with and receive payments from for at least three months in the last year. It can be over multiple contracts. Although you have had a few repeat clients an long-term projects, it doesn't looks like any of them meet the criteria of 3 months of working in the last year. 

Note however, that not having long-term clients doesn't affect your Job Success score negatively.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Le N Member Since: Feb 26, 2020
9 of 5,655

Hi Valeria,

Please let me know why my score has been 74%, when All my ratings are 5 stars, I am new here so my score is very important with me..

Thank you

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
10 of 5,655

Hi Le,

There are many factors that go into your Job Success Score calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, a pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more about JSS, please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS