Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
MS. Joy D Member Since: Aug 16, 2015
1141 of 4,142
Thank you, Petra.

Since November 11th i've been stucked at 78% from 100% and my Top Rated eligible weeks has been a constant = 6 of 16

Today is December 3rd.

Shouldn't there be a decline in those weeks? Are you still sure that my calculations are normal?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1142 of 4,142

@MS. Joy D wrote:
Thank you, Petra.

Since November 11th i've been stucked at 78% from 100% and my Top Rated eligible weeks has been a constant = 6 of 16

Today is December 3rd.

Shouldn't there be a decline in those weeks? Are you still sure that my calculations are normal?

There has only been one Update since November the 11th and as your profile is private I can't comment on whether I think "it's normal" or not. How many successful contracts did you complete between November 11th and November 25th?

the eligible weeks are a rolling window. You were below 90% - then went above and got eligible weeks, then slipped below again.  So what happens is that you have 6 eligible weekd in your 16 week window. Every week one non-eligible week falls out of the end of the 16 week window and is replaced by one non-eligible week. The eligible weeks work their way through the window, once they start falling out of it your eligible weeks will start to decrease.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
1143 of 4,142

Hmm...

As  i type to you, my upwork profile is viewable at {DATA.ENTRY.EXPERT} but later this week it will be redirected to my customized website for such tasks.

Anyways from your previous explanations, supposing my calculations and sudden % drop were normal...my Top Rated eligible weeks would have been 3 of 16 today (3rd December).

P.S. There was also no change to my success score after that drop.

Highlighted
Community Guru
1144 of 4,142

@MS. Joy D wrote:

As  i type to you, my upwork profile is viewable at {DATA.ENTRY.EXPERT} but later this week it will be redirected to my customized website for such tasks.

P.S. There was also no change to my success score after that drop.

OK, so I found it that way. You've not had any feedback since the last Update, so why in the world would you expect your JSS to change? It will only change when you add more completed jobs or when outcomes falling out of your calculation window changes the percentages or there are no longer enough contracts in the calculation window, forcing it to be calculated from a different calculation window. When that happens it will go down further because currently it is calculated from the best of your 3 calculation windows, meaning the "next one" is worse.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
1145 of 4,142

Nah... I am not particular about JSS as am not available anyway. I was just wondering why the Top rated eligibility weeks is stucked at 6 out of 16 weeks, instead of 3 out of 16 if all these events were normal.

There is no logical window/door which justifies that.

Highlighted
Community Guru
1146 of 4,142

@MS. Joy D wrote:

Nah... I am not particular about JSS as am not available anyway.

So why do you go on and on about it?

MS. Joy D wrote:I was just wondering why the Top rated eligibility weeks is stucked at 6 out of 16 weeks, instead of 3 out of 16 if all these events were normal.

There is no logical window/door which justifies that.

If you remember that it is a rolling window, and accept that for every week that gets added to the rolling window, one week falls out of it. Clear so far?

For your number of eligible weeks to alter, for better or for worse, what falls out must be different to what is added,

• If an eligible week falls out and you add a not-eligible week= It goes down
  • If a not-eligible week falls out and you add an eligible week= it goes up
  • If an eligible week falls out and you add an eligible week=it stays the same
  • If a not-eligible week falls out and you add a not-eligible week=it stays the same

It will stay the same until you either add eligible weeks (then it'll start going up) or your eligible weeks (which are currently sandwiched between not-eligible weeks) start to fall out of the 16 week window, (then it'll go down)

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
1147 of 4,142

Please read thoroughly.

I had 1 recent milestone last week with an active client, here. Another active client has been owing for the past 90 days. 

I pop in for only these 2 clients. My profile has been set to unvailable since 11th November.

My mention of JSS today is because i intended to say that NOTHING  was added to the rolling window since 11th November hence i was expecting a consistent decline with the Top rated eligibility weeks as well if these events were normal.

I am supposed to have 3 of 16 weeks and not 6 of 16 weeks to trust these calculations any further.

Hopefully i summarized it better this time.

Highlighted
Community Guru
1148 of 4,142

@MS. Joy D wrote:

My mention of JSS today is because i intended to say that NOTHING  was added to the rolling window since 11th November hence i was expecting a consistent decline with the Top rated eligibility weeks as well if these events were normal.

Of course "something was added"

Every week adds a week to a time-window. Time does not stop when you are not working on Upwork. The 16 week rolling window keeps rolling, with or without you. Every week your JSS is under 90% is a non-eligible week. Every week a week is added to the rolling window and one falls out of the rolling window.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
1149 of 4,142

Petra, my dear. If every week that my JSS is under 90% counts as a non-eligible week. And my JSS remained 78% for the next 3 week. Is it normal for me have 6 of 16 weeks Top rated eligibility weeks throughout those 3 weeks? What was added?

Highlighted
Community Guru
1150 of 4,142

@MS. Joy D wrote:
If every week that my JSS is under 90% counts as a non-eligible week. And my JSS remained 78% for the next 3 week. Is it normal for me have 6 of 16 weeks Top rated eligibility weeks throughout those 3 weeks? What was added?

What was added?

3 weeks of time.  And three weeks fell out of the rolling window.

Look at the graphic below - Red is your not-eligible weeks, green is your eligible weeks: it is an example of how your 16 week rolling window may be looking and why it shows 6 out of 16 weeks . It's because in your 16 week window there are 6 weeks that are eligible because you were over 90% for 6 of those 16 weeks and not over 90% (not eligible) for 10 weeks. As it is a 16 week ROLLING window and every week another not eligible week gets added (on the right), as well as a not eligible week falling out of the back end (on the left), it stays at 6 eligible weeks until you either get to 90% again or your 6 eligible weeks start falling out of the rolling window - which will happen in a few more weeks time.

rolling window.jpg

That block of 6 eligible weeks, when you were above 90% - keeps moving to the left with every passing week. Eventually the first of those eligible weeks will fall out, then the second a week after and so on.

If your JSS goes above 90% again, green weeks will appear on the right and increase as long as you stay above 90% and replace the red weeks in your rolling window.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS