Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2141 of 2,237

Yusuf M wrote:
Hi,

I noticed today that suddenly my JSS Score on my profile decreased to 98% but on mystats page its showing 100%.

Don't worry, it'll soon show 98% (the newly calculated percentage) everywhere and be all the same again.

Mo M Member Since: May 22, 2019
2142 of 2,237

(TL;DR at the end)

Hi everyone!

I opened up an account on Upwork back in 2016 to start out as a freelance copywriter and translator. However, soon thereafter I was hired as a copywriter by a local company in Belgium so I decided to hold off on my freelance career. A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to come back and started applying for jobs. Things have been going great (for a first month).

A lot of my clients liked my work so they didn't end the contract and are just adding on milestones for subsequent jobs. However, this means that I'm not getting many reviews on my profile yet. I have only had three contracts (out of 8 in total) that ended after 1 milestone and all three of them were 5-star reviews. I thought this would be enough to finally get a Job Success Score so I logged on today and much to my dismay I still don't have one.

I have two one-off clients that approved the first and only milestone of the respective contracts but haven't closed the contract yet. However, I believe they will be doing so in a couple of days (sent them a message).

Provided that they (at least two) leave a review after ending the contract, would I still get a Job Success Score or do I have to wait for another two weeks until the next update?

I'm confident the reviews are going to be great so I'd love to get a JSS soon to really kickstart my freelance career. Another two weeks without one wouldn't be very good for my client appeal, of course.

Thanks in advance!

TL;DR: 8 contracts with very happy clients, however only 3 have ended the contract and left feedback, others are either long-term or are closing them in a couple of days. 3 reviews = not enough for getting a JSS after today's update. Will I still get one when clients leave a review next week or do I have to wait another two weeks?

Ace Contributor
Abrar A Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
2143 of 2,237

I think you will receive Job success score soon becuase I have 4 5Star reviews on my profile and today I receive job success score which is 100%. So, you should wait little more. 

Community Guru
2144 of 2,237

The JSS is calculated or recalculated once every 2 weeks on Sunday.

You need 4-5 completed contracts, (rarely more or less) for it to be calculated, so if you close 1-2 more before the next update, you'll probably get a JSS of the 9th of June.

Community Guru
Brian F Member Since: Jun 4, 2013
2145 of 2,237
One thing that has changed since 2016: pretty much everything is worse.  Rather than adjust your JSS with every new contract and data point, they make you wait two weeks while updates happen which can be two weeks of dead business if you have any issues whatsoever.  It's beyond me why they would update such an important, key metric as JSS only two times a month...

Mo M wrote:

(TL;DR at the end)

Hi everyone!

I opened up an account on Upwork back in 2016 to start out as a freelance copywriter and translator. However, soon thereafter I was hired as a copywriter by a local company in Belgium so I decided to hold off on my freelance career. A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to come back and started applying for jobs. Things have been going great (for a first month).

A lot of my clients liked my work so they didn't end the contract and are just adding on milestones for subsequent jobs. However, this means that I'm not getting many reviews on my profile yet. I have only had three contracts (out of 8 in total) that ended after 1 milestone and all three of them were 5-star reviews. I thought this would be enough to finally get a Job Success Score so I logged on today and much to my dismay I still don't have one.

I have two one-off clients that approved the first and only milestone of the respective contracts but haven't closed the contract yet. However, I believe they will be doing so in a couple of days (sent them a message).

Provided that they (at least two) leave a review after ending the contract, would I still get a Job Success Score or do I have to wait for another two weeks until the next update?

I'm confident the reviews are going to be great so I'd love to get a JSS soon to really kickstart my freelance career. Another two weeks without one wouldn't be very good for my client appeal, of course.

Thanks in advance!

TL;DR: 8 contracts with very happy clients, however only 3 have ended the contract and left feedback, others are either long-term or are closing them in a couple of days. 3 reviews = not enough for getting a JSS after today's update. Will I still get one when clients leave a review next week or do I have to wait another two weeks?

Claudia B Member Since: Aug 13, 2018
2146 of 2,237

Hello, In my Stats section it appears that my job score is 88% but when I click on my profile it appears 78%. What is happening?

Community Guru
2147 of 2,237

Claudia B wrote:

Hello, In my Stats section it appears that my job score is 88% but when I click on my profile it appears 78%. What is happening?

It is being super-slow updating this time. Whatever is the JSS that is different to what it was yesterday, is the updated version.

Community Guru
2148 of 2,237
Did they notify us of any of this changes prior to?  Maybe now you realize how terribly Upwork treats it's freelancers and how they demonstrate an utter lack of respect with this system and behavior.  With other online systems, I get told about ANYTHING that's being changed well ahead of time, except Facebook and LinkedIn for the most part, and few would consider them admirable models at this point...

Petra R wrote:

Claudia B wrote:

It is being super-slow updating this time. Whatever is the JSS that is different to what it was yesterday, is the updated version.

Community Guru
2149 of 2,237

Brian F wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Claudia B wrote:

Did they notify us of any of this changes prior to? 

What "changes?"

Nothing was changed. It just updated slowly and in stages,  which happens often and has been happening often for years.

Community Guru
2150 of 2,237
Petra R wrote:

Brian F wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Claudia B wrote:

Did they notify us of any of this changes prior to? 

What "changes?"

Nothing was changed. It just updated slowly and in stages,  which happens often and has been happening often for years.

That sure sounds oike a description of what one would call "change," one which you were at a loss to robusty explain

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS