Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2331 of 2,400

Pilar F wrote:
So one bad contract can knock you 12%?

Depends on how many completed (with feedback) contracts you have in your calculation window.

If 9 or so, yes, sure.

If you only have 4, each can potentially ding you for 25%

Ace Contributor
Pilar F Member Since: Aug 17, 2017
2332 of 2,400
0_0
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2333 of 2,400

Petra R wrote:

Pilar F wrote:
So one bad contract can knock you 12%?

Depends on how many completed (with feedback) contracts you have in your calculation window.

If 9 or so, yes, sure.

If you only have 4, each can potentially ding you for 25%

This why creatives hate math. It's so **bleep** harsh. 🙄 Don't even get me started on compound interest. 

Ace Contributor
Pilar F Member Since: Aug 17, 2017
2334 of 2,400
I used to like math.....not so much anymore! The crazy power of a single person's subjective opinion!

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
2335 of 2,400

Pilar F wrote:
I used to like math.....not so much anymore! The crazy power of a single person's subjective opinion!

I've actually never liked math... Smiley Very Happy I wish I did, or at least had even a remedial handle on it, but alas...no. (True story: One night when my oldest son was in the 5th grade, I called my sister, a math whiz, for homework help for him. My son and I were both crying when I made the call. LOL.)

However, the power of people's opinions is a real thing when it comes to selling anything, including freelance services. While all feedback services are imperfect in some way or other, the world of selling products or services has become extremely transparent. We have Yelp, Amazon, Facebook reviews, etc. So that's going to be true anywhere you go. It's not just here.

And on the flip side, you can't really hide from reviews by going solo in this regard (generally) because many, if not most, people won't trust first-party controlled reviews - for example, on an individual's own website. Not unless you're a gigantic brand that people already know.

Any business or brand, anywhere, can suffer a very negative review. Like any brand, you have to have loads of reviews before the occasional bad one is absorbed and has minimal, if any (appreciable), impact.

The days of selling Snake Oil in Deadwood and then moving anonymously onto Deerlick Springs and selling more are pretty much over for good. Smiley Very Happy

Lidia S Member Since: May 2, 2019
2336 of 2,400

How can I close the contracts that I have been paid for but the client didn't close them. This affects my success score and it's not correct

Abdulbasit S Member Since: Feb 2, 2019
2337 of 2,400
I have 7 jobs, 5 has been completed and two is a long term work and has not been completed. Why has my job success score been graded over 7 jobs, it's really affecting me in getting a job. Please help
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2338 of 2,400

Abdulbasit S wrote:
I have 7 jobs, 5 has been completed and two is a long term work and has not been completed. Why has my job success score been graded over 7 jobs, it's really affecting me in getting a job. Please help

You advertise yourself a writer, but I'm sorry to say, I don't quite get what your question is. Do you have any questions on how it works? 

You might be setting yourself up for more bad feedback as you are clearly not a native speaker as you claim, but the bad feedback you have is almost funny, considering it came from a client looking for a grammar-free writer. Some jobs are just short and sweet, eh?

Abdulbasit S Member Since: Feb 2, 2019
2339 of 2,400
Please explain to me how it works.
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2340 of 2,400

Abdulbasit S wrote:
Please explain to me how it works.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS