Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
2381 of 2,562

@chefperryp wrote:

So...

8 6 "5-Star" reviews + 1 "3.75-Star" review, give me a review average of 4.86... that's an A in anybody's book, lol. Seems harsh to lose my badge over that, especially given the glowing comments from my clients.... 

My guess is there could be a project that didn't end well and was fully refunded. Just a wild guess.

It takes more than 1 bad contract for a JSS to sink to as low as what you have right now.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2382 of 2,562

Perry, if you can still find this, after it's been relocated to the end of a mega thread, the good news is you have 4 jobs in progress, so ace those, and your JSS should bounce back smartly. Cat Wink

2383 of 2,562

My upwork job success score downed from 76% to 50% for last 6 months.

As you see in my work history, I ended very big project at september, 2018.   At the begining of this year,  my  score was 85%.  

For last 6 months, I did 2 small tasks and got 5 marks.

By the way, my job success score was getting lower.  Finally, it is 50%.

I don't understand.

Please help me to fix it.     Many clients aren't selecting me due to low job success score.

Thanks

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2384 of 2,562

Igor S wrote:

My upwork job success score downed from 76% to 50% for last 6 months.

As you see in my work history, I ended very big project at september, 2018.   At the begining of this year,  my  score was 85%.  

For last 6 months, I did 2 small tasks and got 5 marks.

By the way, my job success score was getting lower.  Finally, it is 50%.

I don't understand.

The JSS usually takes the best of your 6, 12 and 24-month windows, but in your case, you now have only 3 completed contracts in your 2-year window, so it has to take the 2-year window. The reason why your JSS has been falling is that positive outcomes keep falling out of the maximum 2-year calculation windows, (one in March, one in April, one in May, one in June, one in July) which causes the poor outcome(s) to weigh more and more heavily.

To fix it you need to complete a few new contracts with a great outcome.
Because you currently only have 3 outcomes, the feedback (private, mainly) of each new contract will weigh very heavily so it can either boost your JSS significantly or wipe it out entirely.

Habib U Member Since: Mar 17, 2019
2385 of 2,562
I have been at Upwork for last 5 months. I think that after 6 months there will be a new JSS cycle for my profile based on new jobs and I wll have chance to improve my JSS easily. Am I correct?
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2386 of 2,562

Habib U wrote:
I have been at Upwork for last 5 months. I think that after 6 months there will be a new JSS cycle for my profile based on new jobs and I wll have chance to improve my JSS easily. Am I correct?

Not really, no.

The JSS is calculated in 3 calculation windows: 6 months, 12 months or 24 months.

The JSS on your profile is always the best of those three windows, but because you have been here less than 6 months, you only have one calculation window: The 6-month one.

Nothing "resets" after 6 months, it is a rolling window. It just means that jobs you completed over 6 months ago no longer count in your 6 month calculation window, which can be good for you or bad for you (if good outcomes fall out of the calculation window, that's not good. When bad outcomes fall out of the calculation window, that's good.)

As you don't have a lot of completed contracts, each weighs heavily, but there is no way to "easily" improve your JSS other than not accepting contracts you can't do perfectly (never apply for or accept translations *into* English, for example) and completing your future contracts flawlessly.

Sami U Member Since: Jun 13, 2019
2387 of 2,562

I recently get an account hold at upwork
I just want to know as I have 100% Job Success Score
and 5 out of 16 weeks eligible for Top Rated
Does the account holds remove all my progress way to Top Rated ?
Also tell me how long I have to wait to get Top Rated ?
Is it first wait for 90 days to remove Account holds from my Stat
then after 90 days I have to work and wait again to get 13 of 16 weeks to get Top Rated
That means I have to wait almost 6 months from now to get to become Top Rated ?
Can you clarify more about this
Thanks

Andreia G Member Since: Jun 21, 2019
2388 of 2,562

My job success is wrong. My score was 90% so I received a new Client satisfaction rate (100% 5 stars) and then you decreased my score to 86% instead increase?
This couldn't be right and don't make any sense to me.

Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
2389 of 2,562

You probably received a bad hidden feedback.

Unfortunately, 5 stars are just the shiny side of JSS. 

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Afzal Uz Zaman S Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
2390 of 2,562

I have completed all job with 5* and all are my client are happy with my service but I don't understand why my job success score is 88% ? I'm new here..so if you anyone helpme..Thank you

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS