cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

JSS

Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
2391 of 2,562

Afzal - You must have gotten some private feedback that was not good.

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
2392 of 2,562

The JSS is calculated using public feedback and private feedback (which we FLs cannot see). As Joan said, you must have received some private feedback that was not so good. With only five completed jobs, a single unhappy client could knock your score down that much. The good news is that the next few contracts you complete will also weigh a lot in your score. So, if you can get five more and make the clients completely happy on each one, your score should climb back up into the 90s.

Active Member
Dimitra K Member Since: Aug 5, 2019
2393 of 2,562

Hello,

I would like to post a question.I have a client that gave me negative feedback(client set a specific date about the project,then said I was slow although I completed the project because the deadline was typical(!)....and I had to completed it 2-3 days before...After two weeks we signed a new contract(I didn;t know the negative feedback,I just show my Jss falling) and now I am afraid he would do the same because the deadline of the project was 23th of August so I didn't worked all day long in his project( he used to send messages almost every day).What am I suppose to do?I am afraid that this would have an impact in my feebdack and jss....In addition,Is it possible to rise again your Jss?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2394 of 2,562

Dimitra K wrote:

Hello,

I would like to post a question.I have a client that gave me negative feedback(client set a specific date about the project,then said I was slow although I completed the project because the deadline was typical(!)....and I had to completed it 2-3 days before...After two weeks we signed a new contract(I didn;t know the negative feedback,I just show my Jss falling) and now I am afraid he would do the same because the deadline of the project was 23th of August so I didn't worked all day long in his project( he used to send messages almost every day).What am I suppose to do?I am afraid that this would have an impact in my feebdack and jss....In addition,Is it possible to rise again your Jss?


every contract affects your jss and yes your jss can go up again

Active Member
Igor S Member Since: Mar 13, 2018
2395 of 2,562

Hi, I'm not worked on Upwork 14 months. My job success was 90-95% always. A month ago it was 75%, 2 weeks ago it was 60%, today is 50%.
What is happened, is it joke? Upwork support please explain this!
I just changed my portfolio, upgrade membership and write some bids.

Moderator
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2396 of 2,562

Hi Igor,

 

Job Success Score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months windows. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more details about your Job success score and why it has changed check out this Help Article. Thank you.


Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2397 of 2,562

Igor S wrote:

Hi, I'm not worked on Upwork 14 months. My job success was 90-95% always. A month ago it was 75%, 2 weeks ago it was 60%, today is 50%.
What is happened, is it joke? Upwork support please explain this!
I just changed my portfolio, upgrade membership and write some bids.


If you haven't worked on Upwork for 14 months, you no longer have enough outcomes in your 6 months and 12-month windows to calculate a JSS, so everything in the 2-year window counts. As time went on, positive outcomes kept falling out of your 2-year window, which then left less positive outcomes weighing more and more heavily every time a good outcome fell out.

Active Member
Muhammad H Member Since: May 5, 2019
2398 of 2,562

Hello
I am a new freelancer on upwork, recently I completed 5 jobs with full 5 star review, 2 days ago I received my first JSS which is 50%, I want to know how is that possible? how my JSS be calculated? Please help

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2399 of 2,562

Muhammad H wrote:

Hello
I am a new freelancer on upwork, recently I completed 5 jobs with full 5 star review, 2 days ago I received my first JSS which is 50%, I want to know how is that possible? how my JSS be calculated? Please help


Poor private feedback. Take a close look at your "Clients who would recommend" percentage on your "My Stats" page.

Active Member
Muhammad H Member Since: May 5, 2019
2400 of 2,562

How can I increase "Clients who would recommend" percentage ??

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS