Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Muhammad Shahzad A Member Since: Apr 20, 2019
2541 of 2,710

What is private feedback?
I haven't heard about that...
Is the feedback given to the client is called private feedback?

Ace Contributor
Mehran V Member Since: Jan 22, 2019
2542 of 2,710

No. Private feedback is the feedback that the client leaves for freelancer but isn't visible to the freelancer. It is basically the ranking from "1 to 10" on how likely the client is to recommend the freelancer to a friend or colleague and this plays a pivotal role in determining the freelancers JSS.

Valentine C Member Since: Dec 6, 2018
2543 of 2,710

Ok. Last weeks I'm unsuccessful trying to find new contracts.

My JSS was 100% and I had only one hope - achive "TopRate". I was on 7th week.

Today I open my stats and see my JSS as 91% only.

We know if it across 90% I'll loose these 7 weeks awaiting and last hope to find new jobs.

What is going on?!!!

I din't finish projects last 2 weeks, so didn't get any review from costemers. I'm keepeng to bid gor new projects. I spend money for these stuped conntacts, but Upwork in any case creates additional difficulties for me.

Why my JSS is going down?

I can't find good projects, becouse I'm not Top Rated yet, but how I can achieve Top Rate if my JSS is going down?

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2544 of 2,710

Hi Moiz,

To give you more understanding on how your score updates, the Upwork system takes snapshots of your 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each, so even if you do not have new contracts, it is possible that score will change. One example would be if one, two or three of your previous jobs will be outside the 24 month period that will not be included in the calculation of your score thus the score will change. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Nida R Member Since: Apr 8, 2019
2545 of 2,710

Hi, last tiem when JSS was updated, my JSS was 94% due to a bad review of a client,  later after 15 days I could not grab any job so my JSS dropped to 91%. Now this time I had two jobs, completed with 5 star review by clients, now today JSS updated and my JSS dropped to 85% instead of increasing. Anyone know why it is so? Any suggestion what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Regards:

Nida Rafique

Community Guru
Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
2546 of 2,710

I think it is most likely to do with client feedback.

Just because they leave you a good feedback the client also leaves private feedback (essentially a score of 1-10) so perhaps some clients have marked down on that

Ace Contributor
2547 of 2,710

Hi, Thanks for the response, but my contract with both of the clients was good... I don't think so that they have marked score less than 10

Goktug O Member Since: Mar 17, 2017
2548 of 2,710

Hi Valeria,

I had the same issue a while ago. My client said she would leave me a great feedback only if the job is 'satisfying'. I did not know what that really meant for her, how she measures it. Anyways, I worked until it was satisfying for them and they said the work is satisfying in the end(after 4 feedback session). On public feedback, she gave me a 5-star rating and a very nice comment about the work.

On the private feedback, she dropped my score from 93 to 83. 

I know I can bring JSS higher by doing other successful projects. The problem is when the work is successfully done, why does Upwork decrease the score so severely? How important is the success of the project? The client might be upset ext. and they have nothing to lose to give you bad private feedback. How is it possible for a successful project to drop JSS. What else should the freelancer provide? The client might be asking things they should not be asking and if you disccuss you get bad private feedback.

I have done similar jobs before and some clients ask for more and more all the time and some clients accept the work not asking anything else. 

The problem is, these people are on Upwork and they are apparently asking for more and more.

They apparently hurt the freelancers working on this platform. What is Upwork's plan to protect their freelancers from clients who want to damage their contractors?

How do you guys identify them so it does not happen to other freelancers?

Thanks

Ace Contributor
2549 of 2,710

You are absolutely right Goktug.. I agree with you, clients should not do so, upwork should see this matter carefully because it's a matter of the reputation of freelancers here... They don't know their personal grudge about anything can hurt the freelancer badly... Upwork should do something for the freelancers too...

Scott S Member Since: Feb 18, 2019
2550 of 2,710

Just checked my JSS and see that it has fallen from 100% to 94%. Looked at the Upwork reasons for a JSS falling and one stands out to me.

Jobs with no earnings or no feedback become counted in your score, either because they were closed or because several months have passed since you received a payment.

I recently had two clients that selected me, then quickly changed their minds before I did any work for them, no money changed hands. This is not my fault but it looks like I got penalized for this. How do I get my JSS changed back to 100% through Upwork and how do I protect myself in the future from this?

Scott

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS