cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2891 of 3,022

You could tell the client that you can communicate through messaging in order to answer any questions, but that if he wants to schedule a Skype call, he would need to click the Hire button.

I have plenty of clients who insist on a contract being in place before they conduct a phone call or Skype call.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2892 of 3,022

Preston H wrote:

You could tell the client that you can communicate through messaging in order to answer any questions, but that if he wants to schedule a Skype call, he would need to click the Hire button.

I have plenty of clients who insist on a contract being in place before they conduct a phone call or Skype call.

What are you talking about? There is a contract in place, or why in the world would he be asking about the impact of that contract on his JSS?

Not that it has anything whatsoever to do with the OP's question, I'd also never ask for a contract to be in place prior to an interview. That has potentially negative effects if I (or the client) decide not to work together.

PS - Also there is no need for any "Oh when I acfcept a contract I immediately jump in and log 10 minutes of time." He didn't, and the contract is now paused. He knows now.)

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2893 of 3,022

Tell the client you can schedule a Skype call if he unpauses the contact, and that if he misses the scheduled call, that is okay... you will only bill for ten minutes using manual time for a missed call.

re: "Not that it has anything whatsoever to do with the OP's question, I'd also never ask for a contract to be in place prior to an interview. That has potentially negative effects if I (or the client) decide not to work together."

This is a legitimate consideration.

This makes sense when clients are hiring me to provide consultation, and perhaps actual work as well.

If the initial phone/Skype call is not a consultation, I think it is fine if it is done before a contract is in place.

Community Guru
2894 of 3,022

Preston H wrote:

Tell the client you can schedule a Skype call if he unpauses the contact, and that if he misses the scheduled call, that is okay... you will only bill for ten minutes using manual time for a missed call.

The contract is paused. The client is unresponsive. No possibility to log 10 minutes.

Valeria R Member Since: Oct 20, 2019
2895 of 3,022
Hi,
I don't understand how jss works, how long it takes for me to have a jss or rising talent.
Is there a minimum of jobs? Can you please help me check my profile.

Thank you
Community Guru
2896 of 3,022

Valeria R wrote:

I don't understand how jss works, how long it takes for me to have a jss or rising talent.
Is there a minimum of jobs? Can you please help me check my profile.

You'll likely get a JSS at the next update (next Sunday)

Most people need 4-5 completed contracts from at least 3 different clients.

Subash P Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
2897 of 3,022

You have finished 7 jobs successfully and as per the details on this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score you should soon have a JSS.  I would suggest you to ait for few more weeks to get the JSS, as JSS is only updated once every two weeks.

Valeria R Member Since: Oct 20, 2019
2898 of 3,022
Thank you
Sureshrajan P Member Since: Jan 20, 2018
2899 of 3,022

I am doing pretty Good with 4 clients for about a month now.!
Still, I didn't get my Job Success Score mark in my profile.!
Please advise

Community Guru
2900 of 3,022

Sureshrajan P wrote:

I am doing pretty Good with 4 clients for about a month now.!
Still, I didn't get my Job Success Score mark in my profile.!

You need 5-8 (depending on size and value) completed (!!) contracts from at least 3 different clients.

You only have 3 completed contracts, your first two contracts which were were tiny (and suspicious), the third went wrong.

Be grateful you don't have a JSS yet because it would be poor because of that poor outcome in job 3.

No JSS is MUCH better than a poor JSS.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS