Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2971 of 5,754

Hi Ahmad,

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. Check out this Help Article for more details on how JSS is calculated and when it`s awarded on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2972 of 5,754

Ahmad H wrote:

How many Jobs are required to get a JSS ?

I have done 4 Jobs but can't get a JSS.

You need 4-5 completed contracts from at least 3 different clients.

Also, you won't get a JSS immediately when you have enough outcomes, you always get it at the next update following the point where you had enough, so the earliest you'd get it if you have enough outcomes is the 10th of November.

frosinadimova
Frosina D Member Since: Jun 15, 2019
2973 of 5,754

Hello, 

I just woke up to an email saying I am no longer Top Rated and now I see that my JSS has lowered from 92% to 81%. I checked my stats and clients who would recommend me is 100%. I haven't had any new contracts since August and I had one open contract without new milestones (the last milestone was in mid-July) because my client disappeared. Is it possible that I just lost my 90+ JS and top-rated status because of that one contract that hasn't been closed? It's frustrating when clients just go away when they stop needing your work without bothering to end the contract. 

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
2974 of 5,754

Contracts that have received payments do not harm your JSS score.

It's likely that an older, positive feedback has dropped out of the calculation. 

hustler123
Mohammad S Member Since: Oct 29, 2019
2975 of 5,754

All my clients rated me 5 stars and a good review still i don't have a 100% job success score. Why ?
I have read all the terms and conditions so can you please specify due to which job my success score is decreased by 3%.
One of my client said that he will gve next milestone after some days so he didn't ended the contract. Is it because of that ?

moonraker
Community Guru
2976 of 5,754

One of your clients would have left less than perfect private feedback. 

Don't worry about it. 97% is still an excellent score - keep up the good work. 

hustler123
Mohammad S Member Since: Oct 29, 2019
2977 of 5,754
All the ratings are public
moonraker
Community Guru
2978 of 5,754

undefined:
All the ratings are public

When a client leaves feedback, they get to leave two main types.

They can leave public feedback, which you can see on your profile, and they also get to leave private feedback that you cannot see. It is actually the private feedback that affects your JSS the most.

k3ncho
Oto K Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
2979 of 5,754

Hey there,

My JSS was decreased last week. After research (googling, posting here, asking for my friends.) I have found out the possible reason. It's a job from the previous month, with same day "Due", which is not either paid or closed.

2 small things to ask:

1)Can you confirm that I'm right?

2)Can you please ask my Client (Matt) by email or someway to check Upwork inbox?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

robin_hyman
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
2980 of 5,754

Oto K wrote:

Hey there,

My JSS was decreased last week. After research (googling, posting here, asking for my friends.) I have found out the possible reason. It's a job from the previous month, with same day "Due", which is not either paid or closed.

2 small things to ask:

1)Can you confirm that I'm right?

2)Can you please ask my Client (Matt) by email or someway to check Upwork inbox?

Oto,

As Joan told you in a previous post, the reason your JSS went down because one of your recent clients gave you poor private feedback.  That's what we know based on having good public feedback. 

re: Can you please ask my Client (Matt) by email or someway to check Upwork inbox?

That's not how Upwork works.  This is a platform to connect clients and freelancers.  No one will reach out to your client and "force" him to check his email.  Besides, that will do no good for you as it's done and having a 97% JSS will not break you.  

Forget about it and move on.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS