cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Carol S Member Since: Mar 31, 2019
2981 of 4,132

I was Top Rated until two weeks ago when my JSS dropped to 89. Today, it hit 90 again, but I don't see the Top Rated button. How long until this returns?

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2982 of 4,132

Carol, if you look at https://www.upwork.com/my-stats/ does it show "Recent account holds" 0 and "Top Rated eligible weeks" 13 of 16 or better? If so, you should get the badge back real soon. You might also PM a moderator if it's still missing tomorrow.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2983 of 4,132

Hi Gulam,

Your JSS score reflects your overall contract history with your clients and is based on your (or your agency's) relationships and feedback. You can read this help article to learn more about what affects your score and how you can improve it. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Gulam F Member Since: Aug 4, 2019
2984 of 4,132
I have a job in progress for more than three months in which received and submit work on a weekly base, when it will affect my job success score mean after how many months?
Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2985 of 4,132

Gulam, it mainly affects JSS when the contract closes. I hope you haven't worked 3 months for $30, but the best way to close a fixed price contract is to request milestone approval.

Gulam F Member Since: Aug 4, 2019
2986 of 4,132
It's mean active contract does not take part in the improvement of JSS?
Until the client close it, but he cannot close it because three months have
been passed and he gives work on weekly bases.
Highlighted
Samin S Member Since: Nov 24, 2019
2987 of 4,132
I have completed 4/4 successful job, and my clients approved all that stuff. You can check my conversation with client. Clients also gave me a good feedback. My JSS is 50%, i am shocked to see this. My job success score should be 98% according to my rating. Please solve my this issue, otherwise this thing generate untrust on upwork and would encourage me to leave upwork. 50% JSS is ridiculous.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
David M Member Since: Aug 16, 2016
Highlighted
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
2989 of 4,132

Samin S wrote:
I have completed 4/4 successful job, and my clients approved all that stuff. You can check my conversation with client. Clients also gave me a good feedback. My JSS is 50%, i am shocked to see this. My job success score should be 98% according to my rating. Please solve my this issue, otherwise this thing generate untrust on upwork and would encourage me to leave upwork. 50% JSS is ridiculous.

How do you get 98%?  What's your formula?  You have 4 jobs.  2 of which have no feedback.  1 is a 4.8/5 (which is good, but doesn't help your cause).

You need to solve this issue yourself.  No one on Upwork will do it for you.   The solution is simple: score small wins - get clients to hire you, do a good job and they need to leave you feedback

Remember to never close a contract on your own.  Ask a client to do it.  If they don't, leave it open.  It won't negatively affect your JSS as much as closing the contract and not getting feedback.  

Out of curiosity, what is your "clients who will recomend you" score?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
2990 of 4,132

Samin S wrote:

Only the jobs with feedback count towards your JSS. It looks like one of those two clients must have given you unenthusiastic private feedback, so that job does not count as a "success". I think it's clear which job that was: "can do better". 1/2 = 50%.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS