cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Daniel G Member Since: Dec 4, 2019
2991 of 3,246

Hello,

I have been on Upwork for about 4 years my profile is here: https://www.upwork.com/fl/danielgillen

For the first year or so, I had Top Rated Status. Then because I didn't close a job in a while, I lost that and my JSS was in the 90s+%

Then about 2 years ago someone offered me a job without talking to me first, I foolishly accepted it and messaged them. They never sent me a message about the job, any clarification etc. Just pure radio silence. Eventually the job was closed either by them or automatically.

Upwork decided this was a collosoal failure on my part and my JSS instantly tanked to the low 70's%

Every since, I have been unable to escape the 70s%.

But look at my profile, every project my clients love me, I do a great job, the reviews are great, a ton of 5 stars. But my JSS continues in the 70s making me look like I'm terrible.

What's going on?

Thanks,
Daniel Gillen

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2992 of 3,246

Daniel G wrote:

I do a great job, the reviews are great, a ton of 5 stars. But my JSS continues in the 70s making me look like I'm terrible.

What's going on?

Public feedback (stars) are pretty much irrelevant when it comes to the JSS. What counts is private feedback.

To see your private feedback percentage, take a look at your "Clients who would recommend me" percentage on your "My Stats" page. This includes only the actual private feedback left by clients.

Ace Contributor
Ehtisham B Member Since: Mar 15, 2019
2993 of 3,246

When you complete  5 6 jobs then the JSS will be increase after 2 weeks ago.

Community Guru
2994 of 3,246

Ehtisham B wrote:

When you complete  5 6 jobs then the JSS will be increase after 2 weeks ago.

confusion-clipart-4c9on8bziWhat do you mean?

His issue isn't that he doesn't know when it updates, but that it doesn't creep above the 80% mark, which is likely due to getting sub-optimal private feedback regularly enough to keep it at that level.

Md.Ashraful R Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
2995 of 3,246

Hello!

I've noticed that in my profile page the JSS is shown as 92%. In the "My Stats" section my JSS is 88%!!! It was 88% before and JSS updated yesterday. Which one is correct? why they are different?

Thanks

Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
2996 of 3,246

The one in the profile is the correct one. They are different because of cache.

David C Member Since: May 16, 2019
2997 of 3,246

Hello. My JSS is reducing for no reason at all can someone explain it went from 98 to 94 then 91 what's happening?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2998 of 3,246

Hi David, 

Your Job Success score is updated every two weeks, and it’s important to note any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window.

We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.

-Avery
Untitled
David C Member Since: May 16, 2019
2999 of 3,246

Hello. Thank you for the response, can it be that when JSS updated clients feedback was low and after that, it changed to high. what happens when the client changes feedback?

Community Guru
3000 of 3,246

David C wrote:

Hello. Thank you for the response, can it be that when JSS updated clients feedback was low and after that, it changed to high.

Clients can only change public feedback, not the private feedback. The client was not happy, so will have left poor private feedback along with the public feedback.

The JSS was created because of unprofessional freelancers badgering clients to change feedback to good feedback when that was not the client's honest experience.

Because of this unprofessional behaviour, public feedback is pretty much  meaningless, and the JSS is calculated mainly from the private feedback.

David C wrote:

what happens when the client changes feedback?

Nothing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS