Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sehar Arif M Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
3001 of 5,530

Actually, That client was on vacations and on that one contract I have no earnings for more than 2 months, due to which my JSS dropped. but last week I got my first earning on that contract and client is happy, want to continue the contract.

and I have completed just 23 contracts, so, 19/20=95% and 20/20 = 100%.3 contracts are in progress.

But on our JSS they also count other factors. No one Knows how they exactly caculate it.

Also, my "client who woulld recommand you was still 100%" and it same again.

Try to apply on your previous client's jobs.Hope this helps.

Edited:

They add:

A high portion of your public and private feedback + Rehires + long term contract - idle for longtime and nothing paid contracts- negative feedback(public & private).

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Atif R Member Since: Aug 6, 2019
3002 of 5,530

That's good then. Best of luck

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dogan K Member Since: Nov 2, 2019
3003 of 5,530

There is such a description in the JSS help page;

"More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects."

It says that we only get this score after 5 or 8 projects. Yet, I've completed only four projects, and I have a poor JSS now. Because my success is 3/4 projects.  I was thinking at least finishing my 5th job successfully and getting 80%. Yet, it's hard to get my fifth job with this score presently.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3004 of 5,530

Dogan K wrote:

It says that we only get this score after 5 or 8 projects. Yet, I've completed only four projects, and I have a poor JSS now. Because my success is 3/4 projects.

No, most people with decent sized projects get a JSS at 4 jobs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3005 of 5,530

So, is that because I earned more than other freelancers? 

But it's odd to calculate the success score of 4 jobs. Only one unsuccessful job kills 25% of the cake.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3006 of 5,530

Dogan K wrote:

So, is that because I earned more than other freelancers? 

But it's odd to calculate the success score of 4 jobs.

It's not odd, it's normal. It's always been a minimum of 4 jobs from at least 3 different clients.

If the jobs are particularly small it can take 5 or more jobs.

Dogan K wrote:

Only one unsuccessful job kills 25% of the cake.

Of course. 1 out of 4 is 25% - isn't it?

Highlighted
Community Guru
3007 of 5,530

Thank you for your verification. Smiley Happy

I just got disappointed because it's like having an "unsuccessful freelancer" badge on my forehead while I'm submitting proposals for new jobs. I got a bonus from my last two jobs, but it isn't important at all. Moreover, I think that it will take time to get a %80 score even if I've finished my 5th job successfully.  That's the pain point.

Highlighted
Rahul S Member Since: Jan 26, 2019
3008 of 5,530
I am new to upwork with content writing profile and I started my journey here working for my clients but I got one client who gave me 3.25 feedback score even I have submitted work on time before giving sample to her so that she gets assured of getting good quality work from my side but even after that when I submitted her my content on her given topic she told me that she had a doubt of even I had proofread it after completing it and also there are so many grammatical errors but I had checked it twice and even with premium softwares of grammar also but I couldn't find any errors as she was saying and when I asked and requested her for telling me about my mistakes she didn't replied me and ended the contract and left away paying me 5$ as it was first milestone of the contract.
I am worried now it's a poor score and it's first on my profile while all other jobs are in progress.
What should I do in order to get continuous work? Please help me.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3009 of 5,530

You need to understand that - technically speaking - the client did not "give you a 3.25 score."

The client gave a score between 1 and 5 in 6 different areas.

I looked at the breakdown of the scores in these categories. Based on your description of events, your profile page, and your post, I believe that the client gave you accurate feedback.

The client, who is based in Australia, was looking for a ghost writer to help finish an educational book for students.

The problem you are facing here is that the client has a much stronger grasp of the English language than you do.

re: "What should I do in order to get continuous work? Please help me."

It is unlikely that will be able provide ghostwriting services for English-language educational materials. A client who wants that kind of service, for written material intended for children, is going to expect high-level skill. Simply the fact that you think that automated software is the way to check your own writing for grammar errors indicates that you are out of your depth.

If you want to get continuous work, you should focus on providing services that you can provide at a professional level. There are too many other people on Upwork who can indeed provide English-language ghost-writing skills at a professional level. Any native English speakers who hires you for such work would be likely to give you less-than-perfect marks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3010 of 5,530

Rahul S wrote:
I am new to upwork with content writing profile and I started my journey here working for my clients but I got one client who gave me 3.25 feedback score even I have submitted work on time before giving sample to her so that she gets assured of getting good quality work from my side but even after that when I submitted her my content on her given topic she told me that she had a doubt of even I had proofread it after completing it and also there are so many grammatical errors but I had checked it twice and even with premium softwares of grammar also but I couldn't find any errors as she was saying and when I asked and requested her for telling me about my mistakes she didn't replied me and ended the contract and left away paying me 5$ as it was first milestone of the contract.
I am worried now it's a poor score and it's first on my profile while all other jobs are in progress.
What should I do in order to get continuous work? Please help me.

The client should have checked out your portfolio to verify your English skills before hiring and should have not been surprised, so that's on her. 

Your issue is writing in English - I think you would be better off writing in your native language exclusively, otherwise bad experiences like this are going to pile up. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS